About to go to Sally Beauty Supply -Which DENMAN BRUSH Do I Get to DETANGLE 4A/B HAIR

Can someone help me with this. I want to try a new technique with my hair and I heard that Denman brush is good for detangling but I'm not sure which number to get for detangling 4a/b hair. Help!!! :look:

Re: About to go to Sally Beauty Supply -Which DENMAN BRUSH Do I Get to DETANGLE 4A/B

Most people get the D3 or the D4 - either is a great choice!

Re: About to go to Sally Beauty Supply -Which DENMAN BRUSH Do I Get to DETANGLE 4A/B

Now that's why I like this board so much. Talk about getting help quickly...geeesh!!! That was fast ...thank you so much for your help!!! :grin:

I have a D3. Are you relaxed or natural? Be careful with use cuz Denman's are the real deal!

I have a D3 as well. I am heading there today!!! Q

I have a D3. Are you relaxed or natural? Be careful with use cuz Denman's are the real deal!

My hair is natural 4a/b. Denman will still work on my hair though right?

Oh yeah - I'm a natural 4b, and I :love3: my Denman. If your hair is on the thicker side, you might have to separate it into sections to detangle (no sweeping the brush through your whole head at once) but it's still really fabulous.

Oh okay...that's great news. I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight. I want to try the technique referred to on biracialhair.net to see if it will work for 4a/b heads like me. We'll see. :drunk:

I'm a 4b natural with a D3. I like it a lot. My mom just got a D4 and the bristles are softer in my opinion. I haven't tried it on my hair yet.

Lys

Oh yea! I think its great for naturals & detangling under water and what not. Us relaxed heads have to be a bit more cautious cuz it'll rip out your hair if not used properly. I use mine on wash days after detangling my dry hair with a comb and prior to wetting my hair. I also use it sometimes as a paddle brush when wrapping my hair at night. I think you'll enjoy it!!!

Do you think it will cause damage to my fine/fragile natural 4a/b hair?
Or are these brushes better suited for thick/course hair?

Thanks!

Do you think it will cause damage to my fine/fragile natural 4a/b hair?
Or are these brushes better suited for thick/course hair?

Thanks!

I have fine hair as well, and - yeah, try it. I think your hair will LOVE it. It's the only thing that has been able to fully detangle my hair.

Please do not try to DETANGLE your hair with a Deneman...you will lose WAY too much hair. You should try detangling under running water with a large tooth comb first and then you the Deneman to get any remaining dead hair out once your hair is detangled. I stopped detangling with the Deneman and I have kept a lot more hair.

I have fine hair as well, and - yeah, try it. I think your hair will LOVE it. It's the only thing that has been able to fully detangle my hair.

Thanks, Kiya.

I'm a little wary of brushes. I haven't really used one in years.

Please do not try to DETANGLE your hair with a Deneman...you will lose WAY too much hair. You should try detangling under running water with a large tooth comb first and then you the Deneman to get any remaining dead hair out once your hair is detangled. I stopped detangling with the Deneman and I have kept a lot more hair.

This is what I had planned to do because detangling with a brush without using fingers or a comb first sounds like a big no-no to me.

Thanks for your advice!

Ah, yes, thank you for clarifying. I should call it 'deshedding' or something.

Though, I have detangled with the Denman, and it is definitely faster than with a comb, and I haven't noticed more breakage.......I use it the same way, starting from the ends, and I just sorta 'poke' the brush into my hair, don't even pull, just poke 3 or 4 times, and then I can brush straight through that section without snagging on hair. It's rather - interesting.

But, obviously - see what works BEST with your own hair.....

Oh man I was just thinking about this today.

I've been having more knots in my hair lately and I know it's because I normally just finger comb my hair with conditioner to detangle.

That works!!! But it does nothing for the shed hair.

Can wait to try it.

I've noticed some ladies use the D5. Is 9 rows better than 7?

Okay...so i actually went and bought the D4 Denman Classic brush. I started to detangle but I quickly found that I could not do it with the D4 without a little up front work. So, I used my wide tooth comb first and then the denman to get the extra shedding out. I have to take a picture because I kept my ball of hair. Considering the fact that I can't remember the last time I did a thorough combing, it wasn't that much hair out all. For months I had been just finger combed but as someone else said you finger combing works but you have to get that shed hair out somehow. The best way for me to do this is every week or two weeks doing a thorough combing with my hair drenched in a thin conditioner like V05 or Suave and water. Even this time (hadn't done thorough combing in about a month), I had relatively little hair comb out in comparison to what it would have been had I not used this method. I like the Denman because the shed hair that I can't really get out of my even after using a wide tooth comb, I can get out with the Denman, conditioner and water.

Im natural.
I have a D3 but i need a d4.
It works really well especially for getting the shed hair out.

I use the D4. I don't use it to detangle though. I do it as a finisher from my detangling process. I have broken TWO brushes so far. Two in a four year period. One I snapped the pink rubber and the other the bristles on the side now retract into the rubber. :nono: My hair is dangerous!

I have the D4. And yes, it works wonders. You must detangle with a wide tooth comb first. Initially, you will see a nice amount of hair in the brush, but that's hair that all this time hasn't been able to be 'released'. When I first used my Denman, it seemed like a lot of hair when I went through it once. When I went through it the second time, there was like 2 hairs. Which proved that it's not just breaking hair--it's simply catching shed hair that has been tangled in all the curls.

I use the D4. I don't use it to detangle though. I do it as a finisher from my detangling process. I have broken TWO brushes so far. Two in a four year period. One I snapped the pink rubber and the other the bristles on the side now retract into the rubber. :nono: My hair is dangerous!

I love your rollerset. Beautiful! :yep:

Does anyone know which Denman is best for Relaxed/Texlaxed heads?

Back