? about maintaining cornrows

kjames001

Okay ladies I have decided to transition to texturize. I am currently 3mos post relaxer with 4A/B hair. I want to obtain more new growth before I texturize and am considering cornrows to do this. My question is how can I wear this style and maintain proper moisture for my hair? Also for those that have worn cornrows how long were you able to keep them?

you can use a braid spray to moisturize. but after a while it can cause build up and odor. i can't tell you how long the style lasts because i havent started wearing them yet.

I'm actually thinking about doing the same thing. My last relaxer was on June 1st and I am in cornrows right now. I use African Pride Braid sheen spray and Better braids hair and scalp oil. There are a lot of other braid sheen sprays out there as well. After a while it does produce build up but I wash with a stocking cap and diluted shampoo. HTH.

I wore my cornrows for six weeks. I moisturized mostly with S-curl and washed and condition my hair about every other week.

I use Better Braids braid spray, and olive oil. Usually, I only get my hair braided when I am 2-4 weeks pre-relaxer touchup, but my new growth is too thick to manage. So, I'll get some cornrows, then spray with EVOO before bedtime. In the morning, I spray with braid spray, and in the evenings. THen every other night, I spray with EVOO instead of briad spray. Works pretty well for me - I tend to shed a lot, but when I do this, when I take my braids down, there's hardly any shedding or breakage. I tried this other braid spray once, that I got from Sally's, but it was as moisturizing as the BEtter Braids, and I ended up with a lot of breakage and shedding. So I make sure I get Better Braids, and usually I'm fine. And since I usually only have my braids done in between salon visits (I HATE to wash my own hair!), I only keep them in for two weeks. But whoever said they conditioner wash with a stocking cap, that's a good idea, and I will be trying that in the coming weeks as it is time again to get some braids.

Mine barely made it to 2 weeks and that was because I was using MTG everyday. Aside from that, I was oiling my scalp with Dr Miracles Stimulating growth oil every other day and my hair grew very fast. It was itching like a mutha too but my mums said that when your hair itches real bad it means its growing and I beleive her. I think by touchup time I should have a good 2 in. of ng., can't wait.

Shrinkage state: 3 inches above brastrap
Hair goal: 5 inches past brastrap by December 2005
http://public.fotki.com/Diane71

pw: diva

Back