About how many inches do you get after taking out braids?

atlien

Hey ladies just wanted to know what to expect. How many inches did you receive after taking down your extensions?

Did it relax okay or was it too thick to process?
Overall did you like the results after taking down your braids? /images/graemlins/look.gif

I think it depends on how long you wear your braids/extensions and how many weeks post touch up you are when you first get them in. I started wearing braids in April of this year and I was about 5 weeks post touch up when I got them. I wore 4 sets of braids/cornrows from April to August. My hair dresser said I had as much as much as 3.5 inches of new growth in some areas.

I don't think your hair grows more while in braids but I think it is easier to maintain length while wearing them.

Hope this helps.

I agree with you Simplycee! I would say that I may have gained a little ofver 3 inches I was in braids from the end of May to the middle of August.

My hair is getting thicker with the help of the vitamins I take so the relaxer didn't take as well as I wanted. It doesn't matter because I will be wearing it up until the next relaxer and I can just correct it then.

I like the results of braids because they give me a chance to not manipulate my hair for a long period. I am not watching my hair. It is always a nice suprise to see how much length I have gained when I take them down and relax my hair.

Atlien,

I wore medium sized individual braids from April to June. Then I wore 3 different sets of cornrows from June till the end of August. I got so much new growth and legnth that I reached bra strap in the back. I am thinking very seriously about getting cornrows again mid Nov. When I'm in between braids I wear a bun faithfully intil I braid again.

Depending on how long you keep them in you should gain anywhere from 1-3 inches, or at least that was how much length I gained. I keep my braids in for about 2 months and keep them moisturized. It seems that every time I take my braids down I don't realize how much my hair has grown unless I put heat on my hair. Braids also help my hair grow thicker. As for a relaxer taking to the new growth, it should be no problem. HTH

Back