AARRGG!! Moisture!!!

FlawedBeauty

I cant seem to find a good moisturizer and its sooooo annoying. I have tried so many different ones that i'm really getting frustrated. My hair still feels dry after i use some and then there are ones that just seem to sit on my head and never absorb, then there are ones that turn out to be super greasy!! ARGGGG!! Im gettin soooo frustrated. Plz help.

Also, does soft hair = moisturized hair? I still dont know how to tell if my hair is mositurized. Thanks :) :)

FlawedBeauty said:
I cant seem to find a good moisturizer and its sooooo annoying. I have tried so many different ones that i'm really getting frustrated. My hair still feels dry after i use some and then there are ones that just seem to sit on my head and never absorb, then there are ones that turn out to be super greasy!! ARGGGG!! Im gettin soooo frustrated. Plz help.

Also, does soft hair = moisturized hair? I still dont know how to tell if my hair is mositurized. Thanks :) :)

When do you apply your moisturizers? Maybe you can try applying them to wet hair prior to styling. I've found that moisturizers/oils/grease/etc. don't do anything for me once my hair is dry.

I used to have extremely DRY hair too. I started using demineralzing clothes to remove product buildup and this made a BIG difference in how my hair held moisture. Some people use clarifying poos . Phyto 9 is a good daily moisturizer too. When my hair is moisturized it feels soft and it reminds me of misty rain. It feels "wet-like", but it is actually holding moisture. When that feelings starts to go away, usually within a week then I know it is time to wash and start over again.

myco said:
When do you apply your moisturizers? Maybe you can try applying them to wet hair prior to styling. I've found that moisturizers/oils/grease/etc. don't do anything for me once my hair is dry.

I have tried both, but i prefer applying when wet because when i slap it on while dry it seems to just sit there on top of my hair, never really absorbing into the hair :perplexed

Jojoba Oil.
I have had dry hair problems for a long time now, and I've tried everything as well. I just recently purchased some Jojoba oil after reading BlackCardinal's diary (thank you BlackCardinal). My hair is thanking me! I don't need anything else after applying it!! I used to have really dry stiff hair in the mornings after washing, and now that problem is gone!!! I only need to apply it once per day. The best thing about Jojoba oil is that a small amount works good enough. Hope you find what works for ya!!! ~Sheryl

mahogany66 said:
I used to have extremely DRY hair too. I started using demineralzing clothes to remove product buildup and this made a BIG difference in how my hair held moisture. Some people use clarifying poos . Phyto 9 is a good daily moisturizer too. When my hair is moisturized it feels soft and it reminds me of misty rain. It feels "wet-like", but it is actually holding moisture. When that feelings starts to go away, usually within a week then I know it is time to wash and start over again.

What is demineralizing clothes?

FlawedBeauty said:

I use a simple mixture of 80% water 15% glycerine 5% honey, this has been the best moisturizer for me..bar none..then I seal with my homrmade hair butter

*ElleB said:
What is demineralizing clothes?

14612483_640.jpg

I use these and I SWEAR they made a BIG difference on how my hair reacts to products now. My best friend uses them too and she too is amazed.

myco said:

This is what I have been doing and it had been much better for me.

I have been using Pantene Smoothing comb in treatment on wet hair and a little (very little) Kemi oil on top of that. The moisture does not seem to just sit on top like when I apply to my dry hair.

Back