A Trim, Tracks Added... An Update... (Lots of PICS)

Well basically the thing that grew it back really was just leaving it alone. I wore my hair up in weaves for 2 years (I was even natural at that point too during this process). I didn't even care for it as closely as I should have because I didn't have the knowledge that I have now. My nape will benefit now too because of the info from this site and other sources.

Overall what has kept it on my head - and keeps it from breaking - is just constant moisture and care. I always DC my hair after I wash, I co-wash from time to time, and just make sure that I pay attention to my hair overall. Also I stopped relaxing myself which I think was part of the problem because I didn't know what the heck I was doing. I would attempt it now though since I know what and what not to do. The texture of that area seems different too whereas before the scalp was ALWAYS really tender and the hair was brillo pad rough (NO joke :nono:). Now it's the same as the rest of my hair - fine and soft overall. So the magic method = moisture, moisture, moisture... For me at least.

GymFreak -
Girl we've had that whole "cones are ok" my hair loves cones convo before... And it's not until now that I think that at least for my DC, my hair needs a cone-free conditioner! I realized from my nape that my hair wasn't getting the moisture it fully needed. Plus I kept hearing about how your DC should have low cones for easier penetration to the hair shaft. So I decided to try something new, a different approach... I couldn't have made a better decision. My hair is ALWAYS LIKE BUTTER now... So freakin smooth it's ridiculous. Again, I don't even need to worry about daily moisture, I don't think I need it. I still have my cone conditioners, but I use them for my second wash during the week where I don't DC - I usually wash with Nexxus Therappe and then put in Humectress or an HE conditioner, cover with a shower cap, and do the shower business stuff while my hair gets to seep under the steam from the water. I let it sit in for about 5-10 mins and rinse.

Great progress, your hair looks good as always. The tracks look fine:yep:. What cone free DC, do you use?

your hair looks very healthy! and the tracks blend in very nicely. I am sure that you will be at your goal sooner than you think!

Thanks so much you guys!

SelfStyled just to answer your question I use Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisturizing Conditioner. It's been AMAZING for my hair.:yawn::yep:

Back