A Trim and A Smile (2 inches GONE!)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The "BIG" trim is done--I'm so relieved to have those ends off
smile.gif

I was right in that my ends looked extra icky on my "Ruben" hair pic because of all the thick new growth. This was confirmed by an article in this month's Essence on transitioning. It states that the ends will appear thinner as more new growth accumulates.

HOWEVER , I still needed a good trim. My stylist and I conclude that the "problematic" ends are indeed a result of the evil no-lye relaxer that I used to get. I've had lye for 3 years, but my ends are still no-lye. I will trim it off gradually.

Anyway, the pics are in the album on page 2--Enjoy!

Thanks to everyone who supported and encouraged me--it didn't hurt at all
laugh.gif
and me and my hair feel much better
smile.gif

Beautiful Supergirl !!!

i dont even see the two inches missing , and your ends didnt look bad at all for your date with Ruben either, i dont see it

It may have been an inch and a half--I had at least an inch and a quarter of new growth too so the trim may have "balanced" with the newly relaxed growth. By my calculation though--it is an inch shorter.

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
Beautiful Supergirl !!!

i dont even see the two inches missing , and your ends didnt look bad at all for your date with Ruben either, i dont see it

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww thanks
smile.gif
---Who can I make the check out too?
laugh.gif

You can't even see the difference. It is still beautiful.
smile.gif
I just cut off 2 inches and I am thinking about taking 2 more off and I will have gotten rid of all of my no lye hair.

Your trim looks great! It looks the same length but with just thicker ends! I *know* you are so glad you did this! It looks wonderful! You're also very lucky to have a stylist you trust!

You are my IDOL!!! I'm serious. Here I am all dolled up to go out, can't stop looking at my hair in the mirror (admiring my hair) and then I come on here and look at your hair and I realize I have a loooooooooooooong way to go, lol...however, seeing your hair, Supergirl, is what is going to motivate me to keep taking excellent care of my hair. You really do deserve the name S-U-P-E-R-G-I-R-L!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
gvsugirl said:
Supergirl, how do you get your hair to dry that straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

My stylist blew it alittle bit after I sat under the dryer and then she flat ironed it.
wink.gif

i am loving your hair. I see that you tend to stretch out your relaxer every 3 month. Is that one of the ways that you were able to grow your hair so long. And also, are you sure that you are definitely a 4a/4b hair type. To me it seems like a 3c type, but I could be wrong?

Your hair is beautiful Supergirl. I love the pictures with the waves too - looking good!

<font color="purple">SG, your hair is so beautiful! I can't tell from those photos that your hair was trimmed. Glorious!!

</font>

Your hair looks great, as usual Supergirl!!
smile.gif
I can't even tell that you got a trim... no, I mean, it looks nice and even, but it doesn't look any shorter!! (I guess because of the newgrowth being stretched out)
up.gif

Back