A Scripture for Thought

Miosy

Yesterday I went to the Nike Outlet to buy a pair of new jogging sneakers. I was so excited because the Lord hooked me up on a bargain. I could not wait to try them out so as soon as I dropped the boys off I went straight to the mountains to jog. Everything was great. My heart felt great and my legs where not aching. I then decided to go down a dirt path because it would make jogging easier rather than that hard asphalt. To make a long story short, that easier path resulted in a twisted ankle because of all the bumps and rocks. What appeared easier really wasn’t.

The thing that amazed me and I found hurtful was that as I sat there massaging my ankle in pain a passerby who saw me fall, looked right at me, picked up his cell phone and started having a conversation, and continued walking without even asking if I needed help.

Yesterday God gave me two important scriptures to apply to my life:

James 2:26

As the body without the Spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

James 4:17

Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

Although my ankle will heal, as James 4:17 says "Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins". I feel sorry for that person who continued walking because my ankle will heal but sin leads to death.

Here is a Scripture for thought for you today :)

Be Blessed

Definitely food for thought. I love hearing how scripture is applied in our everyday lives. It makes me understand how we are connected to God's Word in every way.

Back