A safer, cheaper, ceramic version of the InStyler?

poookie

welp, i was online shopping again :lol:

i was looking for a hot air brush on Sally's Beauty Supply page, & found this:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/paris-hilton-styler/SBS-319800,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09-06

the paris hilton :rolleyes: styler.

it's the exact same concept as the inStyler, save for a few differences

- the bristles are wider apart
- the rotating barrel is tourmaline ceramic instead of metal
- it's a fraction of the price!

i guess i'm wondering if anyone's tried it, and also, i wanted to share for those that had a bad experience with the inStyler, but wanted an all-in-one styling tool similar to it. this version seems much safer for textured hair.

I always saw it but never clicked on it...Not a fan of Ms. Hilton by ANY means, but I think there's a good chance this may be better than the Instyler...I've always been curious about the InStyler and *coughkindasortacough* wanted one, but it irked me that the cylinder wasnt ceramic and that there were heat settings but not exact temp control. This seems to have 2 important features that I feel the InStyler is lacking...

Anywhoo, interested in responses to this as well!

Wow that actually sounds like it might have potential- I may just add that to my Christmas list. Thanks Pookie.

Looks like a cool find. I don't use heat, but I have friends who do, so I may have to put this on the gift list for one or two. Thanks for the post.

For some reason, I don't see that tool, or the instyler, getting the hair straight. Maybe it would look like a light blow out with it? But that's good if thats the look you're going for.

Did anyone see that first review. Seems to have worked for some ladies with dens and curly hair. Looks promising but I need to here a good review from a LHCFer...

I bought it this weekend and hated it. I tried it out on one section of my hair, and was like, nah this is not for me. So it is going back to Sally's. I did not like it because those bristles were pulling on my hair. Also I could not see it straightening my hair at all.

I bought it and liked it. I dont have to blowdry with this. I just airdry. I am texturized and leave a lot of texture in my hair. It came it much straighter than when I blowdry. I did have to do my roots with something smaller. Hair should be detangled first. It didnt snag my hair but I could see how it could.

I bought a lemon. I could never get one complete pass on one small section of hair without it shutting off!
Took it back!

I wondered about this when I saw it advertised on television. It really caught my attention, but when I saw the brush bristles, I remembered what my stylist told me. "Brushing tears the hair out. It (a brush) should only be used for styling."

I don't debate with him, because his customers have longer and thicker (some waist length) hair than the other stylists' customers because they listen to him.

I saw the commercial for this product and opted against trying it because the balls at the end of the brush bristles look...dangerous. I think if my hair was straighter it may work, but not for my curls.

Back