A quickie product review: Sebastian Molding Mud

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Today I gotten my hair done and the stylist used Sebastian Molding Mud on my hair. I gave her the green light since I was curious about the product. To describe the product, I would say it's a pomade type product. It's very creamy/waxy consistent, prett heavy in my opinion. It doesn't have a noticeable scent or anything. Anyhoo, she used about a nickel-size amount or so and applied it on my wet hair. She wrapped it and sat me under a dryer. After an hour or two, she proceeded to flat iron my hair and it came out pretty nice. Personally I think it's a nice product but I don't think I would purchase it since it looks like a tricky product for me to use. It supposed to give the hair a textured look. For me it did make my hair looked "textured" and my hair did has some "swing" to it. But I can't recommend it for those with fine hair since it is a heavy "pomade" type product.

I have fine hair and I have used this product. I think it depends on how much you use in your hair :)

Nice said:
I have fine hair and I have used this product. I think it depends on how much you use in your hair :)

I agree but I usually say that to CYA. Plus I use products haphazardly so my results are not consistent :lol:.

Salon selectives has a really good product called molding putty which works like a professional product and it is only $3.

I always use texturising lotions/pastes. one of my faves is special fx molding maniac. i also have the rusk one but its a bit too thick.

Back