a question from a newbi about natural hair

V

vivadiva85

I put my natural hair in braids a month ago and right before doing so I went to the hair salon and got my hair straightened with a ceramic iron. I took my braids out this weekend and noticed that a piece in the front is STRAIGHT :confused: :( :perplexed ... REALLY STRAIGHT and doesnt seem to want to revert to its natural curl. Will it ever revert or did I just lose a good 2 inches of hair?????

Welcome vivadiva85,
A protein treatment should help to bring back the curl/strength in the hair i heard Nexxus Emergencee is great for problems like this. If it doesn't work then its probably heat damaged. The best option woukd be to care it with mild protein and moisturizing treatment allow the hair to grow out before gradually trimmig the damage. HTHs

what den says may be true or you may be a victim of permenant thermal straightening i too am a member of this club last june a got a really great flatiron and there is one bonestraight silky spot to this day and a few type 3 curly spots in my head due to excessive heat i would suggest you do what den says but if it doesnt revert just camoflague the area like i do/did

Back