A Question for Self Relaxers

nomadpixi

I know a lot of ladies here texlax, and don't want a bone straight look, but is there a trick to smoothing relaxer? I can't seem to get my hair to look right (not a big frizz ball at the roots) when I'm done. Could it be MTG?

Please help

nomadpixi said:
I know a lot of ladies here texlax, and don't want a bone straight look, but is there a trick to smoothing relaxer? I can't seem to get my hair to look right (not a big frizz ball at the roots) when I'm done. Could it be MTG?

Please help

I use a timer, the back of my comb (never the teeth) and my fingers (BTW, I relax my hair in sections). I part my hair 1/4 apart (like in the instructions) and apply my relaxer in the time allocated. When it's time to smooth, I can "feel" how smooth it's getting and I smooth my newgrowth as much as possible during the 10 minutes I set my timer for. The only difference between doing it this way and bone straight is the amount of time I'm smoothing in the relaxer.

I've never tried MTG so I don't know if it affects relaxed hair or not.

Is this your first time relaxing? If so, you may want to watch a professional do it or a good, experienced friend before trying it.

Last edited:
Hey, Thanks a lot Isis. I was begining to wonder if anyone saw this post. I've been having computer issues.

Anywho, I think you're right, I'm going to have to cough up the change and let someone else do the relaxer at least once just to see how it's done. For some reason, I'm unable to feel the "done-ness" of the roots through the gloves I think, cause it always seems REALLY poufy after the relaxer is done. Is your hair poufy too? And if so, how did you deal with it until it got to your length? I have the feeling the longer the hair gets, the weight will help it look straighter and therefore better.

BTW I WANT YOUR HAIR! It's gorgeous!

Back