A Possible Solution To Curly-Haired Product Junkies

Gr8ness83

I have been an avid product junkie, jumping on the bandwagon for whatever product claims to do wonders for curly hair. I don't know if this has been posted but this company is similar to one of those "lush box's" where you get free samples of makeup and stuff each month. The only down side is that it cost $20/month. Now, for us ladies who suffer from TRUE PJism, $20/month is a mere drop in the bucket compared to what we spend monthly. Also, I do not know if you get to pick the samples you want to try or if they send random samples. The list of products they have are on their site. Had I found this site a long time ago, I would have a lot more space under my bathroom cabinet and a bunch more $$ in my account... lol

http://www.curlbox.com/brands.htm

ETA: Another rather disappointing thing is that they charge $5 for shipping however another positive is that they send discount codes and coupons for the full size version of the products....

Last edited:
All those views and no one's telling you.....

Read this thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=714943&highlight=curlbox

There are also threads on Curlkit, Curl Love and other threads on Curl box.

I know right! Not a one... Well thank you for being so kind as to shed some light on that fact.... Sometimes all I can do is SMDH at some of the behaviors on this board. I'm sure once I'm TBL I'll get 2 dozen responses for a trivial thread. Anyway, thanks again, and now I'm off to look up Curlkit, Curl Love and the others on that thread...lol

I'd avoid Curlkit and every other hair subscription box...

ETA: being a former subscriber to both, they didn't stop my pj-isms lol

I think the reason no one said anything is because the search function is alive and well.

I think the reason no one said anything is because the search function is alive and well.

Could be and I am well aware of that and normally I do use the search function. In all honesty I was excited about contributing a site that may be beneficial and quite frankly I didn't feel like it. If people didn't respond then they didn't respond, trust me I'm not crying about it. However, snide remarks are best kept to one's self.

I know right! Not a one... Well thank you for being so kind as to shed some light on that fact.... Sometimes all I can do is SMDH at some of the behaviors on this board. I'm sure once I'm TBL I'll get 2 dozen responses for a trivial thread. Anyway, thanks again, and now I'm off to look up Curlkit, Curl Love and the others on that thread...lol

Snide remarks like that or...?

Snide remarks like that or...?

No , snide remarks like the one you made. Mine was a simple and upfront statement however if you need me to be more direct; There is no need for you to comment on this thread and make snide remarks, offering no information or solutions. I hope that clarifies. (THAT was a snide remark...)

I'd avoid Curlkit and every other hair subscription box...

ETA: being a former subscriber to both, they didn't stop my pj-isms lol

Have you had bad experience with them or did they do the exact opposite of stopping your PJism...? Or did you find that they cater more to "Caucasion curls" and not enough kinky/curly texture? I'm in braids now and will be for the rest of the year (that is my goal) so I won't subscribe to any of them but eventually I will take them out, be quite a few inches longer and I'll be looking for new products. I had a weave in as a PS from June-Dec and I've had these braids in for one month so far so I honestly haven't manipulated my natural hair much in months. Thanks...!

Bye Felicia. I hope you enjoy the thread(s) about Curlkit and the other subscription boxes. They have good info in them.

Have you had bad experience with them or did they do the exact opposite of stopping your PJism...? Or did you find that they cater more to "Caucasion curls" and not enough kinky/curly texture? I'm in braids now and will be for the rest of the year (that is my goal) so I won't subscribe to any of them but eventually I will take them out, be quite a few inches longer and I'll be looking for new products. I had a weave in as a PS from June-Dec and I've had these braids in for one month so far so I honestly haven't manipulated my natural hair much in months. Thanks...!

They both cater to African American women. They didn't curb my pj ways because even though you get 1-2 full size products, I found that after a couple months the products were from brands I wasn't remotely interested in trying. Curlkit had (or has) shipping issues and their choice of items have fallen off. Curlbox just has the same things you can buy yourself out of wal-mart, sallys or the location bss.

Lot of the sub boxes started popping up and quite of few of them have shut down shop. Curl collection seems to make people happy but I have to direct experience with that. I shall never do another sub box again.

Back