A Perfect Puff vs PuffCuff

Amarilles

Is anyone familiar with both accessories?

I've been using the PuffCuff for a week or two now and I've been liking it...but I'm getting really tired of having to pick out my hair from its 24 teeth (yes I counted), from the joint in the middle AND from the little hooks that close the accessory. I really like this concept but at this rate I rather deal with my banana clips unsnapping, because at least those don't give me such a hassle to remove.

I've found this:
product_1001d.gif

http://aperfectpuff.com/mainbc3c.html?p=products&cid=1
https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Perfect-Puff-Co/545704995468841

Can anyone here vouch for this thing?

its cheap so i don't mind trying it out. Ive been wishing for something like this for a while.

Basically a drawstring without the ponytail. I would try it though because I can't do a curly ponytail with pins to save my life lol

Last edited:
I really like the perfect puff. It sits in my hair exactly where I want it without being tight like using a headband. I plan on getting a few more!

I love my puffcuff.. I know I am late, but I haven't been on.
I don't have any issues using the puffcuff, and I have the large one as I still sit my hair high on my head. :)

Ah I forgot about this thread, by now I have a few of both of these.

I have PuffCuffs in every size they make and I still use them, just very carefully and very sparingly, for no more than a few hours. My hair gets caught pretty much everywhere it could on those things :/ I really wish they would at least make them without teeth, and then one would only have to be mindful of the joint where it bends and the hooks that open/close the accessory.

The Perfect Puff is much easier on my hair but it's a headband, it doesn't hold the weight of a long pony.

I'm still looking for something that can hold my hair for an extended period of time without giving me a headache, or unsnapping, or getting my hair all caught in it.

@JJamiah @Amarilles, sometime ago when I reached out to puff cuff, they stated they were planning to come out with a puff cuff for relaxed hair but I think they have since ditched the idea. Do you feel it's a naturals only product?

@divachyk I find that it doesn't get super tight, it is a looser fit. I like it like that though. I think maybe the smaller ones could be good for relaxed hair, unless your hair is extremely thick. As a relaxed gal, I'd get the small mini ones. It doesn't catch on my hair at all... KNOCK ON WOOD... and yes I just did.. LOL
I love it honestly. I sleep with it on and leave it on all week long.

@Amarilles I am sorry it is pulling your hair. I am not sure of how you use it, but I just hold my hair like a pony and put it on with the other hand. I had the pulling hair issues with banana clips ALL the time. I hated that. Ugh.. So I understand. I do love these though. They allow me to have something that doesn't pull and tug so hard.

One of my puff cuffs just broke :cry3:

I used it pretty heavily for the past year. I bought during last January's B1G1 sale. Curious to know if they're doing it again next year.

I'm posting late here because I can't find the recent post from a member asking about the puff cuff.

I wanted to bump this for her.

I have two perfect puffs and LOVE them. No hair caught. No breaking hair or product. Perfect!

I have puff cuff juniors, and I like them alot- they remind me of a better version of a ringcomb. I do have to be careful when securing them and even more so on take down because my hair likes to get caught in the joint (not the clasp). I don't have that issue with my banana clips.

I didnt get the large one because I was unsure of the fit- I have a small head. I'd like more in other sizes.

Edited to correct size.

Last edited:
I too have the puff cuff's in every size. My tenderhead & fine natural strands just loves them.

Not only are they good for puffs, they are also good for tensionless:
  • (Micro) Braided styles,
  • Loose hair wash days, (use the micros to section your hair off, before washing, put a 2ST the ponytail to the ends and secure), then wash and have a access to your scalp and a MUCH EASIER time with (less) tangles)
  • Loc Ponytails/updoo's

Back