A Mircrowave God...

PinkPebbles

I've been guilty of wanting and expecting all things to be done instantly or in a microwave sort of way by God.

Some things were done instantly in my life. However, in these past few months God has been breaking me away from that mindset, and teaching me how to persevere.

When things are not done instantly or according to one's time table it really shows the matters of the heart towards God.

I'm learning and proud to give Jesus thanks for teaching me. It is definitely helping me to mature in the faith.

Over these past few months God has opened up my eyes and given me wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. The Lord really ministered to me through the book 'Intercessory Prayer' by Dutch Sheets that was recommended in topsturvey thread.

I've learned to give God thanks even when things did not turn out according to my plans.

I've learned when I just Be Still and know that He is God, He will give me wisdom and understanding.

And the most important thing I've learned is that when I'm not anxious, I can resist instant gratification in exchanged for something better, meaningful, and long lasting for my future if I just wait.

As the old saying "good things come to those who wait."

I don't have it all together but when my plan doesn't work out I'm learning not grow weary in well doing, but persevere. I'm learning to keep trusting God because delay doesn't mean denial.

As I wait, I have to continuously renew my strength, be strong, and encourage myself in the Lord. I have to separate myself from the doubters, naysayers, and negativity. I have to be willing to work out my own salvation.

Yesterday, I was in deep prayer. When I opened my bible it landed on Jeremiah 32:17-19. I believe this was God's way of encouraging me through His word; therefore, I'd like to encourage somebody else. Continue to trust God through the good and bad because the Lord has a master plan.:)

Jeremiah 32:17-19
17Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

18Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,
19Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

I wanted to take the time to thank you for this edifying post and the encouragement.... I read this a couple of times, throughout the day.. :yep:

I wanted to take the time to thank you for this edifying post and the encouragement.... I read this a couple of times, throughout the day.. :yep:

Laela - I'm glad you were encouraged as I was by the Holy Spirit.

Recently, I noticed a pattern with the biblical characters in the bible. When God gave them a promise they had to guard it with everything that was within them. Because they were willing to receive the promise, God gave them a special grace to hold on and press their way through.

Example: Abraham/Sarah, Noah, Jacob, Joseph, Joshua, David, Elijah, Daniel, Hannah, Elizabeth, Paul & Silas, etc. and Jesus Himself.

It’s just like when we start an exercise / workout routine. We may not see immediate results but if we are consistent with our workout routine and believe we will see results.

Back