A little slice of interesting

Gaea

I’ve come to an understanding that I don’t need to do too many things to my hair to keep it healthy looking good.

Yesterday I did the simplest things to my hair. Today my hair looks like I robbed a Pantene commercial. It’s so bouncy and shiny and healthy looking.

All I did was:

Shampooed with VO5 Kiwi and Lime Shampoo

Deep conditioned for 30 minutes with Lustrasilk aloe Cholesterol mixed with one table spoon of honey and one tablespoon of evoo.

Rinsed my hair and applied just a little razac leave in, a small amount of elasta qp design foam and a small amount of oils.

I put my hair into 8 two strand twists and put just a drop of oil on the ends.

I airdried and finger separated the curls/waves.

That gave me such good results, and it was cheap and took less time.

This is what I did before:

Do a pre-shampoo treatment with a suave conditioner mixed with a tablespoon of honey and three tablespoons of evoo... for 30 minutes to two hours.

Shampooed hair with whichever shampoo or even two shampoos... whatever I felt was best. Usually elasta qp shampoo for relaxed hair/An Ic shampoo.

Deep condition for an hour with my selected conditioner mixed with about 4 tablespoons of evoo and a teaspoon of honey and some elasta qp breakage control serum. Usually elasta qp DPR-11, Keracare Humecto or Redken All Soft.

Did an acv rinse after rinsing.

Applied razac leave in conditioner, oils and gel. Then applied oils to my new growth. By then my hair would get a little dry, so I sprayed it with diluted leave in.

Section my hair and apply s-curl and oil to each section. Then put my hair into 14 twists.

I airdried and separated the curls/waves.

I’m happy that I did do the longer regimen for so long. It helped me to nurse my hair into a healthier state. I had to start somewhere
smile.gif
I wouldn’t go back though. It took too much time and money.

Now I’m going to only shampoo and deep condition twice a week, use much less product in my hair and really spend time finding cheap, but good quality products instead of splurging on salon products.

I may have no use for any extra products. If this works out I’ll have to give away my s-curl, Ors olive and carrot oils, IC shampoos, gels, mousses, and all of the other things that I’ve bought.

All that I really need is a good clarifying shampoo, a good gentle shampoo, conditioners, an oil and a good leave in.

And little extras would be styling products like elasta’s design foam... and heat protectants and serums for when I want the straight look

I just wanted to share, because I have 3c/4a texturized hair and I thought that I would look like a hot mess if I “skimped” on the quality of products and the amount of product that I used. It turns out that I look way better!

So if anyone has a very complicated regimen, maybe toning it down would be a good thing to do
smile.gif

Sounds great Gaea! I found that "less is more" when it comes to my hair. I'm all about the simple regimen. It's cheaper too!!
smile.gif

It's great when you can start simplifying your routine....I'm definitely a 'less is more' type of person too. I lack patience to do all those thing every week.

Back