A little magic in a bottle - Product Review

ThursdayGirl

Imagine a pink, watery, aloe vera-like gel… smelling a faintly of lemons and Fantasia IC tea tree shampoo or Pantene Purity-that’s what <font color="blue">Kenra Clarifying Shampoo</font> looks and smells like.

The back of my sample says “Formulated to extract, suspend and eliminate iron, rust, calcium and other minerals that dull hair. Gives hair body and shine.” In other words… it’s for ME! I live in Indiana where its not uncommon to find crust in the bottom of a glass of water left out overnight or rust marks on the bottom of a porcelain sink with a slowly dripping tap.

First, let me say that I have dried different methods of clarifying: Neutrogena Clean Volume Shampoo (removes daily build-up), Pantene Purity (clarifying shampoo), Keracare moisturizing shampoo + Tbsp Baking Soda and ACV rinses. I was really impressed with this product! Usually when I clarify, my hair feels squeaky clean and seems to be a little rough, (i.e. that is my hand doesn’t move down my hair smoothly). With the Kenra shampoo, my hair actually felt silky and smooth, yet it had just enough the squeak factor so that I knew my hair was clean and residue free-er. The even better test was that when I washed my hair with the Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo afterwards I had incredible slip! Then when I applied Nexxus Humectress and let it sit (no heat) for about an hour I had incredible softness. Even the little patches of my hair that have been rough (and damaged-feeling) since I came back from a recent visit to Germany seem to have returned to their pre-trip softness! Will I purchase? I’m not sure… at approximately $1.00/ounce, I’m not sure that I can afford it on a student budget, however this product definitely has my attention!

Product rating: 7.5-8/10
Ingredients: Purified Water, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Socium C14-16 Olephin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Grapefruit Extract, Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Fragrance, D&amp;C Red No. 33.

My hair : 3C/4a/4b, relaxed

excellent!! ive been lookin for a good clarifier too! im glad you had such a fabulous experience!
~T~

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
Supergirl swears by the Kenra Clarifying Shampoo.

As a Kenra user, I don't know how I missed this product!

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is a great clarifying shampoo and the scent is to die for.
smile.gif

I will be trying this product soon. I wished the local grocery store would carry Kenra.

Back