A little hair update 1.1.11. the start of my 6 inch 2011 journey

otegwu

A little hair update (with pics) 1.1.11. the start of my 6 inch 2011 journey

Hi All:hiya2:

I rarely post however I thought I would try to improve my activity on here in the new year. Ive relaxed my hair and thought I would update.

A bit about my hair.
4b-z
I was natural for 2.5 years plenty of set backs knots were my enemy
My hair is quite porous, but is very soft hand holds moisture well (I keep on top of it)
It also lacks any form of shine, natural/ relaxed. It is quite dry looking I hate that! :nono: I will do a cellophane/ or black rinse when I reach bsl hopefully this will help.
My hair is very thin but thats genetic :sad:
My hair also tangles like crazy in the middle, only since I started relaxing. Im working on that.

anyway enough talk here are my relaxer day pics

picture.php

my airdried hair...ashy looking

picture.php

pressed, still a bit dry looking

picture.php

A few curls added, looks a lot better

picture.php

Pony shot. excuse the kitchen, nothing seems to work on that...:perplexed

I plan on relaxing every 3 months so will try to update.

My youtube where I track my progress and have a challenge

YouTube - NaturalhairGrwthShow's Channel

Thanks to all you lovely ladies on LHCF. without your advise and knowlege this Nigerian/ Brit would have been bald and lost. :infatuated:

Last edited:
Your hair may be fine but it looks thick to me. I have natural, fine, 4Z, medium density hair. I've learned to minimize the SSKs and knots through keeping my moisture level up.

I wish you much success on your HHJ.

Good Luck!

I assume that your profile pic is your natural hair? You look very pretty. I actually like all the pictures. I know you say that your hair is dry and one pic you refer to as ashy looking but none look dry to me. Maybe the camera is adding shine.

I've been one of your subscribers for months and I'm enjoying all your content. I
originally joined because of your struggle with your natural hair, just wanted to send
out some positive vibes to you. When you relaxed I thought I would have no reason
to stay but I'm still enjoying your videos so much.

The bottom line is we are looking for the same thing whether relaxed or natural:

Longer, stronger stress-free hair.

I hope you hear me cheering for you and your sister with every update you post :woot:

Your hair looks good, congrats on the growth!!! Our hair seems to be in the same place, looks similar. I did the BC about April 2008 and the knots and tangles made me turn to the creamy crack in January 2010. I am on the same journey for 6 inches this year also, planning on relaxing in 3 month intervals we are in a parallel universe!!!! Lets get it.

If you havent already, from my experience the ingredients in KimmyTubes leave in are great for moisture. I am planning on trying to spin the mix to see if I can get the same or similar results.

Also, what relaxer are you using?

I knew you looked familiar. I love your youtube video.
YOu're hair looks healthy and protective styles will give you that 6 inches this year.:grin:

love your youtube, glad you've managed to find something that works for you!

I'll be following your journey as I would also like to achieve 6" of growth this year!

Congrats miss Nigerian Brit! I am a
Subbie.

Eta: ssk are a trip, I fight them everyday too, but I have learned to accept them and as long as they are not getting in my way, it's all good. I van see how they can be the cause of setback though.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back