A Guy Asked Me About VO5 Conditioners While in Walmart..

MzTami

Hellerrrr
and my hair product knowledge went down the drain.

My husband and I were in Walmart yesterday, we usually separate because I like to go to the hair products even if I don't need anything. While walking down the aisle I see this black guy looking at products. I'm natural and have about 5.5-6.5 inches of hair on my head. Therefore, I'm not as confident since my hair is short. Anyway, I walked by him and he said, "Excuse me, can I ask you a question?" I wanted to say who me? But I didn't, I said, "yes" He said since you are a female and you know all about these hair products, what does all of this mean, silk proteins and collegens(sp)? Yall I couldn't get any of my thoughts together because I was shocked that he asked me since I don't have long, beautiful flowing hair. Usually people ask for advice about products if the person's hair is long, beautiful, and flowing, not necessary short hair. I told him protein makes the hair stronger. He said, and what about this, "What do they mean by more body?" I know what more body means, but was sooo tongue tied and embarrassed that I said, it gives your hair more bounce. :lol: Anyway, he liked my answers and said, "okay, I think I better go with this one." I said, "yeah that's the one." Not really paying attention to which product he was choosing. I was ready to get the heck from over there;which I did, and hurried to look for husband. I was soooo embarrassed that I couldn't explain myself, and had to tell someone, so I told my husband to share the embarrassment with me, but he said, "Oh, he didn't care about no conditioner, he just wanted to holla at you." Honestly, the guy was really into the conditioner, not me. :lol:

Have you ever been asked about hair products(knowing you know because of LHCF) and for some reason couldn't explain yourself?

Last edited:
MzTami! He was asking you because your hair was probably looking beautiful and healthy in all it's natural glory! Heck, he had natural hair didn't he? ;) What good would relaxed hair advice do him while he sportin' a natural? :)

MzTami said:
so I told my husband to share the embarrassment with me, but he said, "Oh, he didn't care about no conditioner, he just wanted to holla at you." Honestly, the guy was really into the conditioner, not me. :lol:

Yeah, I think ole boy was trying to holla too!

BTW - I'm never tongue tied when it comes to talking hair products.

I get tongue tied too! I think it could be because we're so used to typing it out when trying to explain on the forum, or maybe he just caught you off guard lol.

*Dee* said:
I get tongue tied too! I think it could be because we're so used to typing it out when trying to explain on the forum, or maybe he just caught you off guard lol.

ah, so we have well toned fingers and atrophying tongues, lol!:lol:

CantBeCopied said:
MzTami! He was asking you because your hair was probably looking beautiful and healthy in all it's natural glory! Heck, he had natural hair didn't he? ;) What good would relaxed hair advice do him while he sportin' a natural? :)
lol....yes his hair was natural, nicely trimmed, and low cut. It looked better than mine. Shoooot I should have asked him for his hair regimen. :lol:

JCoily said:
Yeah, I think ole boy was trying to holla too!

BTW - I'm never tongue tied when it comes to talking hair products.
..It was funny I was sooo tongue tied that I almost gave him the address to LHCF, but then I came to my senses and said Heck naw, forget that!
*Dee* said:
I get tongue tied too! I think it could be because we're so used to typing it out when trying to explain on the forum, or maybe he just caught you off guard lol
:yep: totally off guard. I couldn't cater to my PJism for him. :lol: I left the store with nothing, no conditioner, nothing. :look:

i agree with hubby. he was trying to holla! giggles.

I am sure he just really loved your hair too.
I never get tonuge either. Glad you got out of the moment!

OMG. He had a short, trimmed cut ...so he really was just in the hair aisle to scope the women! :lol: Men don't need no conditioner!

And there you were ... responding with your weak game... :p

MzTami said:
..It was funny I was sooo tongue tied that I almost gave him the address to LHCF, but then I came to my senses and said Heck naw, forget that!

I cant believe you passed up an opportunity to get us male members!! :lol: You know we need more input on off topic! Well, there's always next time. :)

Enchantmt said:
I cant believe you passed up an opportunity to get us male members!! :lol: You know we need more input on off topic! Well, there's always next time. :)

I'm very fond of male members. :eyebrows2 :yep:

Synthia said:
OMG. He had a short, trimmed cut ...so he really was just in the hair aisle to scope the women! :lol: Men don't need no conditioner!

And there you were ... responding with your weak game... :p
gurl, my game was dusty! His hair was well groomed. I was a lil jelly j/k. :)
Enchantmt said:
I cant believe you passed up an opportunity to get us male members!! You know we need more input on off topic! Well, there's always next time.
He caught me soo off guard, I would have told him to google it, because I couldn't remember the address. :confused:
Letitia said:
i agree with hubby. he was trying to holla! giggles.

I am sure he just really loved your hair too.
I never get tonuge either. Glad you got out of the moment!
He cured my PJism for that day. :lol:
isioma85 said:
ah, so we have well toned fingers and atrophying tongues, lol!
I'm so use to sitting behind this computer and typing that I forget how to talk.

*Dee* said:
Yeah, typing it out gives you time to form and reform your thoughts. I usually overwhelm people when they ask hair stuff. They end up with this glazed I'm-sorry-I-asked look. :perplexed

Yea, I think ole dude was tryin to holla :lol:

But I get all scientific when it comes to talkin about hair products! You can't shut me up!

isioma85 said:
ah, so we have well toned fingers and atrophying tongues, lol!:lol:

LOL how'd ya know? :lol:

I'm usually very eloquent in person... not here LMAO. Sometimes you have to break stuff down for people though. Not because they're stupid but because it makes it easier for the mind to digest.

Back