A good hair brush

Britt

Are Mason Pearson hair brushes really the best hair brushes??? I went to the website and they didnt really excite me much. I am looking for a good hair brush for 4a relaxed hair. I like the men hair brushes b/c they are broad and the bristles are close together. The thing is most men hair brushes are tooooo soft to me. Any ideas ladies ???

Personally, I think Mason Pearson are the best hair brushes. I've got several and would not trade them in for anything. The stimulation which your scalp receives from the MP overall construction is frankly like no other.

However, you might want to opt for a Denman. They are also very popular.

You should decide whether you want all boar bristle, all nylon, or a mixture. And, also, think about how you are going to use it. Some people simply brush their scalp.

~Jade~

I want a brush to stimulate my scalp.. I guess I would want a boar bristle brush since I hear that is the best thing for black hair. But when I went to the MP website I think it said that the boar bristle is for thin to fine hair, with this said, I was assuming that the brush would be toooo soft.

Along w/ Jade, I must go...yes, Mason Pearson brushes are the bomb. When you buy one, think of it as a long term investment.....LOL, they cost a mint, but are worth every dime, IMHO.

(edit...since you are British, I'll change that last line to "they are worth every PENCE, IMHO.....LOL)

Britt, I have a pure boar and my hair is thick and unrelaxed. I'd suggest brushing your hair in sections w/ MPs, but they are very stimulating. The bristles are quite stiff, yet they don't yank your hair out. In short, LOL....these will do fine on Black peeps hair....just be sure to do your "stimulating brushing" (as opposeed to styling in sections.

Mason Pearsn is the absolute best! As it was said, think of it as an investment. Please don't let the website turn you off from purchasing an excellant product.

Boar Bristle is the only thing I would recommend. Any brush will stimulate your scalp if you use the roll technique.

Ok u guys.. I am now going to get a MP Brush. Should I get the boar bristle brush or the mixture of boar and nylon ? UMMM about how much do they cost? I dont see a price on the website, but in the Essence magazine I saw a price of $103 my eyes were like
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

They are pricey and the prices vary. I would def say %100 Boar and nothing else!!

Happy brushing...just don't over do it.

I've been looking at those MP brushes too but wondered about the boar bristles being too soft. I appreciate everyone's comments.

thanks everyone,
Right now I am fishing around to see If i can get one at a decent price. I think i am going to get the pure bristle boar brush since it seem to be a consensus about this one in particular. Now I am excited to order one
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif

wink.gif
wink.gif
I wont, I got an email from them saying that they sell MP brushes in NYC, so now i have to hunt for one, although I much rather prefer to order them online.

Tekmommie, where did u get yours from? I really would like to order it online for convenience.

Britt,

I hope you got my PM. Londondiva is right about searching around for a good price. At the time I bought my brushes, I think I did extremely well in terms of price.

If you need any further help, I would be happy to assist!

Mason Pearson will treat your hair WELL!

Cheers,

Jade

LondonDiva...you're right. I got mine on Ebay cuz you can get them about $10 under retail, if you get lucky!

Look for seller "hairsense"....did well w/ her on Mason Pearson.

Americans and Brits should look on Ebay for them, IMHO....."Hairsense" is an American seller, but even Brits might find her worth their while wrt postage.

Back