A good gel for a transitioner?

vestaluv1

Hi,
This is especially 4 the ladies that are transitioning without big chopping. but anyone is welcome to answer if you have any ideas.
I'd like to use a gel on my hair because my new growth is getting a little outta control. :wallbash:
I'm scared to used gel coz I can't seem to find a gel that won't leave my hair dry and as hard as a rock. I gotta look after that demarcation.

This was the new growth 12 weeks post relaxer, and it looks like my crown has grown out fastest.

No gel here, but I use castor oil. It's thick and lays my hair down. I'm 100% natural and it works for me. There are some BSS products that people use that might be gentle on the strands.

I use a little of lenzi request to moisturize my scalp real good and also apply it to my edges also. I then come back and use the Nexxus vitatress biotin creme and massage it in to my edges. The biotin creme slciks my edges down real nice and tame the fuzz.

smooth n shine curl activator for extra dry hair. it will never get hard and gives me a good hold. it was my staple during transitioning. i love it to death.

I love Garnier Fructis Gel Extra hold. comes in a tube. I brought like 3 of them and it keeps my hair moisturized and curled all day. Love that stuff.

I tried Fantasia IC Gel and it didnt really work too well for my hair.

The J/A/S/O/N brand leaves my hair hard... great for braidouts but when i want just my edges slicked down, its a bit much

I use Nexxuss Biotin creme but if ya have no thin edge problems, its a bit pricey to use just to slick down your edges

for just the slicked down look, I like Nexxus Exxtra gel for just my edges & nape ... I also like Elasta QP for my edges & nape

Long Aid Curl Activator gel from Walmart should be moisturizing for your new growth, you can apply it often, it shouldn't get hard, and you won't get white build-up.

smooth n shine curl activator for extra dry hair. it will never get hard and gives me a good hold. it was my staple during transitioning. i love it to death.

Yup this is a good one too! I mainly use Fantasia IC Gel w/Sparkelites (blue one) and it doesn't get hard at all in my hair. I sometimes alternate with these 2 plus some plain aloe vera gel mixed with some jojoba oil.

Back