A ? for all coconut oil users...

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

How do you store your oil? Should it be kept in the fridge once opened? I wanted to melt mine down and put it in a spray bottle, but I'm not sure if it'll go bad. You don't have to refridgerate normal oil to keep it, but as you all know coconut oil is a different consistancy...I can't think of any other oil that solidifies at room temperature... but I digress, what you do, and what are your suggestions?

TIA

I keep my coconut oil at room temperature amd it stays in solid form. I wouldn't suggest you putting it in a spray bottle becuase you'd have to heat the bottle to liquify each time you went to use it. It's best to liquify it by rubbing it in your palms.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I keep my coconut oil at room temperature amd it stays in solid form. I wouldn't suggest you putting it in a spray bottle becuase you'd have to heat the bottle to liquify each time you went to use it. It's best to liquify it by rubbing it in your palms.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA
smile.gif
I keep mine at room temp also and it stays fresh. To liquify I run it under hot water for a few seconds.

I have melted into the liquid form and poued it into my spray bottle along with my filterd water, olive oil, rosemary and sage oils. I really like it. My coconut oil has not reverted back to a soild.

I keep mine at room temperature. Sheabutter does this too. I keep them both at room temp..they still solidify though. I just scoop some, and heat it when I need it.

Back