A bad hair day (Humecto related)

bimbabe

After weeks and weeks of anticipating the use of my 5lb tub of Keracare Humecto I decided to pop the tub open and give it a try. I am 8 weeks post relaxer WITH some underprocessing in there as well...so my hair is looking rough right now.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

I slathered it on and put on my plastic cap, walked over to my closet and dropped the tub on the floor- spilling half of the condioner on the floor
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I rushed to get a spoon to dump the part that was not touching the floor right back into the tub.
look.gif
look.gif
look.gif
...YOU know you wudda done the same thing
smile.gif

After the clean up operation you would think that this condioner would at least do some magic and provide a little slip- but it felt like nothing was on there after 20 minutes. I could have washed my hair with TIDE and theN Downy and gotten more slip and smoothness.

What gives? Should I wait until after my relaxer to try it again or is Humecto just not good for 3c/4A/4B hair?

Do you think you have product build up? Maybe using a clarifying shampoo will give you better results next time.

smile.gif
I just got finished using the Keracare Humecto conditioner. I usually leave it on for 20 minutes, but this time I only left it on for 15. My hair type is 3b/3c, and I haven't had a problem with it yet. I agree with Allandra that it might be product build up that you are experiencing. The first time that I used it was in October (then...my last relaxer was in August), and I was do for one in December. I am trying the KeraCare leave in conditioner for the first time in a few minutes. I think that it is a good product line. If you try it after your next relaxer, I would like to know the results.

allandra made a good point it could be buildup, but i understand where u are coming from because i have had the same problem with humecto also. i get relaxers every 4 months and the closer towards my relaxer the less results i get with humecto. i think it's my hair and not the conditioner. my hair gets extremely dry during that time period. i still haven't found anything better, but my sebastian 2+1 helps out alot. it's a reconstructor. so your hair maybe extremely dry.

From one 4A bajan babe to another, you need to clarify and give it a couple of chances. You should get your hair back in good condition with moisterizing treatments and also use the hydrating Keracare shampoo with the conditioner. They work well together.

I was product hopping but I'm going back to it. The slip is great and I am a 4A relaxed with ROOTS OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Thanks y'all

I clarified about 2 weeks ago, BUT to combat friziness and dryness I have been using alot of products and may have had some product overload.

The Humecto will be tested a couple more times.
Thanks again!

I have 4a/b hair (texturized) and have never had a good experience with humecto though I persevered and used the whole bottle....

I have 4a/b relaxed hair (transitioning now). I LOVE Humecto. It gave me so much slip I was amazed. But it's too expensive for the amount you get and how long it last. Sorry you didn't like it
frown.gif

definitely try clarifying like allandra said, but it could be that your hair just doesn't like it. no harm, no foul. everything doesn't work for everyone, even those with the same hair type.

of course, if'n you be lookin' to recoup yo investment... minus the spillage mishap
laugh.gif
... let a sistah know!!
smile.gif

probably build up because Humecto, while I don't think it's anything wonderful--it will definitely give you slip.
smile.gif

I like Humecto. My only problem is that it's not a thick conditioner. However, it does give me slip. I use it with Keracare's Dry/Itchy scalp Moisturizing shampoo. Although I like Humecto, I still love Motions Moisture Plus condtioner.

I'm not a big Humecto fan either...
nono.gif
I did use my bottle up, but I don't plan to repurchase it. I think the consistency is too thin, plus it just didn't do anything great for my hair.
ohwell.gif

I'm pretty positive that you need to clarify. That was certainly my problem since my hair usually loves Humecto. After awhile it doesn't work but I learn that I should clarify and it worked again.

I have 4A/B hair and I have to use a lot of conditioner, especially when I am 12 to 14 weeks post relaxer. I clairify, but to combat the dryness of clarifying, I sleep in the Keracare Humecto overnight with a plastic cap on, for about 2 nights. That should do the trick! The next morning after rinsing it out, i seal in moisture with a little EVOO and thats been working pretty well for me.

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
I have 4a/b relaxed hair (transitioning now). I LOVE Humecto. It gave me so much slip I was amazed. But it's too expensive for the amount you get and how long it last. Sorry you didn't like it
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it too! It is absolutely marvelous to me! I even use it on my 20 month old's hair.

I have 4a/b relaxed hair and I don't like Humecto. I think it gives slip because it has lots of cones, but it is not moisturising and its too thin.

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
I have 4a/b relaxed hair and I don't like Humecto. I think it gives slip because it has lots of cones, but it is not moisturising and its too thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it could use some help in the moisture department, but the slip is so incredible that if I ever repurchases, I'd just mix it with a thick moisturizing conditioner and voila!

soslychic - I agree. I mix my Humecto with Motions Moisture Plus and that gives me great results!

I'm gonna clarify and try again tonight-wish me luck.

Soni T-its funny you mentioned Motions Moisture Plus because the smell of Humecto reminded me of something I had already. Being the PJ that I am I opened up my Moisture plus and the two have the same consistency and smell! Motions was no wonder product either so hey!

I think this is it for me ...I am a conditioner freak and I have wayyyy more than I can handle. I have my favourites when it comes to shampoos, leave ins and moisturizers,so why is it so hard to stay with one conditoner?

Hey!
Its been a while cuz I've been busy with work but I wanted to keep you guys updated.
I retried the Humecto before my relaxer and after with some clarifying. I don't believe the problem is the Humecto my hair seems to be acting up. I don't have splits or much breakage but because I am growing out my layers my hair is so many different lengths that the hair wraps around itself and is hard to comb in some areas(resulting in little slip). I wish these
swearing.gif
swearing.gif
swearing.gif
layers would just hurry up and grow out-but my hair grows unevenly anyways.

I am testing my hairdresser this week but scheduling a trim. From some of the stories on the board recently I plan to watch her like a hawk!!!

Thanks again!

My 4a hair loves humecto. I always use it after the hydrating shampoo. Let us know how it works for you the next time you try it.

I have 4a/b hair and my hair only likes humecto when I'm up to 2 months into a relaxer.If I use it after that, It feels really hard, I don't know why! Now that I got my hair relaxed again, it gives me so much slip!! I love it!!

Back