8 DOLLARS DOWN THE TOILET...GIOVANNI DIRECT LEAVE-IN AND ALOE VERA

cherxy777

OKAY...so this was the first time id ever tried giovanni direct leave-in and from all the great reviews id read about it i expected it to be the ish

sadly, that was not the case. I had no idea there had been a formula change, and even tho id never tried the old formula, apparently THAT one was the one getting the rave reviews. I'm not going to throw it away (8 dollars??), but if any of you ladies who mistakenly bought this version (or on purpose) please tell me how i can incorporate this into my regimen thru mixing, etc. My hair LOVES glycerin, but maybe not aloe.

Wash once a week with ors creamy aloe sham
wash once a week with keracare hydrating detangling sham (trying to use it up; don't like it)
deep condition with ors replenishing condish

**regimen often changes***

Omg this is probably why my beloved Giovanni has been leaving my hair not so moist...going to go check the ingredients. I hope I still have my old bottle to compare!

Idk why aloe vera should be so bad tho. I mean, people use aloe vera gel on their hair and they mix aloe vera with glycerin...

Maybe i'll just continue to use it with my beloved S-curl. That's what i get for trying out something new instead of sticking with what works; oh well my burgeoning pj has been squashed

Idk why aloe vera should be so bad tho. I mean, people use aloe vera gel on their hair and they mix aloe vera with glycerin...

Maybe i'll just continue to use it with my beloved S-curl. That's what i get for trying out something new instead of sticking with what works; oh well my burgeoning pj has been squashed

Is it making your hair hard?

I'm not a huge fan of Giovanni either.Here's a tip tho, try it in the shower as a detangler. That's the only use I've found for it where my hair doesn't hate it too much

Giovanni already have aloe vera in it so maybe it too much to mix aloe vera gel/juice with it.

ITA with substituing the Giovanni Direct for Kinky Curly Knot Today in Kimmaytube's Leave in. The ingredients are:

2 Tablespoons of GD
2 Tablespoons of Aloe Vera Juice/Gel
2 Teaspoons Castor Oil
2 Teaspoons of Jojoba oil

This is now my primary moisturizer...and it has allowed me to use up my bottle of GD.

Is it making your hair hard?

Yep. and i tried to wash it out today and i could feel the residue of it leaving my hair sticky; used a clarifying condish just to make sure that i got everything.

But thanks to all of you for ur suggestions; ive been curious about the kimmanytube concoction; does anyone have the original recipe that she used?

I tried this like a few years ago and it made my hair hard as well no matter how I tried to use it. At first I thought that it was just me since everyone else was giving it rave reviews. Then I found the thread where a lot of people said that it was making their hair hard, that's when I knew that it wasn't just me. I thought about revisting when I heard of the formula change, but then some people still said that it made their hair hard. Not for me. :nono:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same. Hard Hair.

I Gave it away Straight away.:look:

I'm Relaxed. I gave it to someone who is Natural, and she love(s) it.:perplexed

Back