7 Months into my HHG/ 1 year post

Miss_C

So as the title suggests, I am 7 months into my HHJ. I am also one year (yay!) post relaxer, and I am absolutely estatic. I have never gotten this far on any other transition attempt ever before. I don't believe I'll go back to relaxed at all any time soon, if ever. The hair boards have really been invaluable to me and I can't believe where I am from where I came from.

My reggie (if you can call it that) is pretty simple. I don't operate on a time schedule I just listen to my hair and do what I want, when I need to. Here's an approximation of what I do.

1x- 3x per week Cowash with Tresemme Flawless Curls, Tressemme Naturals, AO HSR, and/or AO WC
Shampoo as needed, about once every 7-10 days with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning shampoo or Silk Elements Megasilk Shampoo
DC 1-3x weekly following whatever wash I feel my hair needs. I have been using Miss Keys 10-en-1, Keracare Humecto, and my AO products.
Clarify 1-2x monthly with ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo (LOVE this)
Moisturize and seal at least 6 nights a week with NTM Silk Touch (I like it now), Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream or QB Burdock Root Butter Cream. I gave Chicoro's Ultimate Moisturizing Method a try and that was very nice, my hair had lots of moisture.
I seal with olive, jojoba, hempseed, wheat germ, or castor oil. I use all of these oils to pre poo, for the occasional oil rinse, for oil cleansing (for the skin) and also to enhance my DCs

I do not use heat on a regular basis, although this press got me tempted lol. I only use it to DC when I'm doing my own hair. I gave up on styling my natural hair (until late fall sometime, when I'll try again) and am rocking curly half wigs as a protective style. I don't plan on BC'ing anytime soon.

I know this thread is worthless without pics :grin: but I can't for the life figure out how to upload/attach photos in the thread, my posting permissions apparently do not allow it:ohwell:. So until one of you lovely ladies can give me the slow people's version of what to do, here's a link to my Hairlista album.

HAIRLISTA INC. Healthy Hair Network

Last edited:
Hey Girl! Keep up the great great work!

Quick question...is ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo an actual clarifying poo? I tried this last year before I found the boards and hated it because my hair felt so stripped after using so I never purchased it again. I'm so late. LOL

Congratulations on getting one year deep into your transition! :congrats: And hopefully someone will chime in on posting pics, because I can't see your hairlista album.

Hey Girl! Keep up the great great work!

Quick question...is ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo an actual clarifying poo? I tried this last year before I found the boards and hated it because my hair felt so stripped after using so I never purchased it again. I'm so late. LOL

I think its a chelating shampoo, which removes mineral deposits as well as clarifies. I'm pretty sure my water is hard, so I use it. If your water is soft, a good ole clarifier is probably enough:yep:.

And thanks Bigmommah. The girls at work keep commenting on how much healthier my hair is, I've directed them here and told them they can improve theirs too.

Congrats! Your hair looks good! And next time, you could post your pics on fotki or photobucket and then use the pic url to put it in this thread. I would do it for you if I was at school but i dont go to fotki on my comp lol

Back