7 hours later and finally done with my braids!! (pics)

Chameleonchick

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions a few days ago about Kanekalon hair. I was so amazed that you could straighten the hair by using boiling hot water. Thats just sooooo crazy! I blow dried my hair before braiding. Well I used a little under 2 packs of hair. 1.5 of #2 and less than half of 1b/33. I cut the hair in half because I didn't want it too long. I will try my BEST to keep this in for 2 months. We will see.

382016631.jpg

382016632.jpg

382016633.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

This is what I'm trying to learn how to do...braids/cornrows. *sigh* One day soon I hope.

Congrats on your first attempt!

you did a good job, I did my DD hair and it took the same amount of time. I did half Sat night and the rest Sun.

Good job! They look like a good size.. not to big or small. I'm putting in braids now and regretting that I didn't make them bigger because this is taking forever :wallbash: lol

great! i really need to start braiding my own hair! i would save money and save my hair from those hairdressers that either pull too hard or try everything to damages your hair!

I love your braids! You should do a tutorial when you get a chance because I tried to braid my hair a couple of months ago and the results were aweful. My most difficult part is the starting point where you put the extensions and your hair together.

Your braids look great!

you can also curl the ends with perm rods and dip them in boiling water
it gives the hair a pretty curl. I use the large purple rods from sally's. just run the ends under cold water after the dip it seems to set it better.

I am impressed it only took 7 hours they look great, I think I might go to individuals after I take down my cornrows

How did I miss this? Nicely done, :yep: and I love how natural the bases look. Also you obviously know what you were doing coz you clearly used just enough hair per braid and didn't use too much hair so it looks very natural. Great way to focus on books. :up:

How did I miss this? Nicely done, :yep: and I love how natural the bases look. Also you obviously know what you were doing coz you clearly used just enough hair per braid and didn't use too much hair so it looks very natural. Great way to focus on books. :up:

Thank you! Yes I need all the extra time I have. I'm not even supposed to be on here now. After today I'm going to try not be on here until the weekend.

Back