6 months post...finally BC'ed!!! Pics Inside!

ScandalousBeauty

Hey all,

I finally took out my micros to find a TWA! How exciting! I cut of as mush of the relaxed hair as I could. So, I don't really know how to deal with my hair as a TWA, and honestly, I don't want to deal with it. I am getting my micros back in within a few weeks. I condition it everyday and moisturize, but it's as dry as a brillo pad. I am not feelin that at all. I tried the curly pudding without shingling it and my hair looked the same, just with more shrinkage. I'll wait til I have more hair on my head to use it again. I am going to wait for my one year mark (July) to probably start doing more things without extensions.

I bought the odorless MTG from Naturallady and will continue to wash and condition my hair while in micros. I'll also surge and deep condition. Yes, I do all of the same things with braids in that I do without them in. I think that it makes a very big difference in the end.

To all my ladies that are transitioning, trying to transition, or are about to quit transitioning and go back to chemicals...don't do it :) ! You can make it! I love wearing braids and I have realized that my hair is so much stronger natural, so I had very little breakage. Once those styles come out, you can do all the things that you could with your relaxer in!

Pics are in my fotki in my siggy!

Last edited:
Congrats! I can't wait until I have enough courage to BC. It looks great! I'm hopefully doing mine July 1 or September 28th.

Your TWA looks nice! :)

LilChocolateMa said:
I condition it everyday and moisturize, but it's as dry as a brillo pad. I am not feelin that at all.

Watch how much protein you are putting in your hair. Natural hair is stronger than relaxed hair and whereas too much protein on relaxed hair makes it hard, too much protein on natural hair gives it that brillo pad feel. Check all your normal products, especially your shampoo and conditioner for protein.

Also, clarify, clarify, clarify.

HTH

Thanks for all of the support! I'm getting my hair in micros in two days, hoping that in the next 3 months I will have another inch of new growth. I guess we will see!

Also, I think my texture and curl pattern is changing. After I cut off more relaxed ends, I noticed that my hair doesn't look like I thought it did a few days before. I added more pics to my fotki, and I'll add more after I finish with this new phyto creme bath. I'll also have a review for ya.

Thanks for the love everyone!!! I'm pleased with where I am in my hair journey at the moment! :)

Real quick, I'm gonna tell you about my lil routine tonight...

I was waiting for the Terps game to come on (Go UMD!) and I decided to MTG while I have the chance. So I applied it all over and left it in for an hour. Then I washed with the Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo. I then applied the brand new Phytospecific Multi-Regenerating Creme Bath...here's the description from Sephora-Phytospecific Multi-Regenerating Creme Bath is a weekly treatment for very dry, brittle, or damaged hair. Jojoba, sesame, and castor oils restore (the hair's) hydrolipid film. Panthenol and keratin hydrate and smooth. This intensive formula restores hair vibrancy and bounce.

I let that sit for about an hour, then rinsed and applied Mizani Moisturefuse while combing my hair. Lastly, I Aveda Moss Conditioner for another hour. So, I washed my hair out, then applied Keracare Essential Oils for the hair throughout while still damp. Its been a few hours now and my hair is so hydrated!!! I've been so dry since I took my hair out...this feeling of moisture is foreign territory! I know that I did a whole lot this time, but I won't be able to use a bunch of the products until I take my braids out again.

Here's the link to the Phyto http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P6116&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5332

Back