6 months after BC and first pin curl!! Lots of pics

mccray689

Its been 6 months since I bc'd after transitioning for 7 1/2 months. Im about 1.5'' from apl ( i think ) I've mostly just been wearing my hair in a puff or in micros. But this year Im going to really get on my hair growth journey! :yep:

This is the length of my hair from 6 months ago ( heat damaged, color damage, so don't make fun of my tiger streaks lol) :

This is the length of my hair, ( this is from last month, accidently deleted my recent flat iron pics ) :

My Puff(also last month ):

My pin Curls on blowdried natural hair ( I'm done trimming off all the damaged colored hair about 2'') :

This is them taken out:

Last edited:
Ooo pretty! And great progress! How did you do your pin curls? Any particular products or methods used? I would like to try.

They look gorgeous! I'm going to try and pin curl tonight, I used to do them all the time when I was relaxed but I haven't tried it natural, hopefully I don't come out looking a HAM!

Regimen:
I wash my hair once a week normally on sunday.

- Cowash with Organix or Suave Humectant Conditioner
- Deep Condition for 1 hour under the dryer ( normally with henna or protein mix )
- Detangle with with Shea Butter and let it dry in twist to 95% then blow dry and style for whatever I'm wearing for the week.
I take a multi vitamin and thats about it. Its very simple. Once a month I will clarify with Dr. Bronners lavender castille soap.

Back