6 month update (pics)

marlajoyw

Hey ladies, just wanted to give a quick little update on my progress.

I stopped relaxing in Feb 2010, then BC'd to less than an inch that October.

Here are just a few pics from then and now.

Enjoy!

Day after BC

picture.php

picture.php

Month after
picture.php

Two months after
picture.php

Texture shots
picture.php

picture.php

AAAANNNNNNDDDD today, 6 months (and a few days) later
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's a lot of growth! Your hair looks nice and thick. Share your regimen, please.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

That's a lot of growth! Your hair looks nice and thick. Share your regimen, please.

Thank you. :D With regard to my reggie, as I'm currently in England, there's a limited amount of products available for black hair (compared to stateside). I'm also fairly low mani.

Reggie:

Wash every 7-10 days with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo, or (more recently) Garnier Fructis Repair and Shine Shampoo.

Condition with HE Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted Conditioner, and GF Repair and Shine Conditioner.

Let it dry until damp (air dry or using a t-shirt), then section off to do twists, applying a mix of olive oil, ORS Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion, and Dark and Lovely Moisture Plus Olive Oil. The twists are usually smaller than a pencil, and sometimes I will also do flat two-strand twists with the twists in front.

The twists I'll usually leave in for about 5ish days, and "fro it" on the weekend. Sometimes I'll co-wash with the twists in, if I'm going to take them out that day or the next.

To keep the hair moisturized between washes/co-washes, I used to use Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance which is a spray leave-in; it leaves my hair feeling soft, but it also makes my scalp flake, so I added [mostly] water and a bit of olive oil and the HE and GF conditioners to it and use that, or I'll reapply some of the D & L Moisture Plus.

I deep condition when the mood strikes me, and will apply Sulfur 8 to my scalp depending on how it's behaving that week.

The reggie will probably change a bit when I go home to the Caribbean for the summer. Hoping for a summer growth spurt! :lol: Fingers crossed.

Hope that's what you wanted growingbrown! Any questions, just ask.

Last edited:
Thank you ladies! If you have any suggestions as to other styles besides twists and twist outs, or things to tweak in my reggie please say. Thanks again.

Your curls are gorge, also, amazing growth! Did you take any vitamins/supplements?

Thank you. :) To answer your question, nope, no vitamins/supplements. There was about a month at the beginning of the year I took iron for health reasons, but other than that, no. I've been a lot less healthy the past few months (university :blush:), but even while at home I take cod liver oil, or a women's multivitamin pretty sporadically.

My recommendation: lots of water + exercise (eating well helps too). Nothing new or surprising.

Back