$6.50 Well spent ! No more Lurking for me !

nappytherapy

Hey Ladies

I am so happy to finally post on LHCF...I have been lurking for 9 months. I have had great results from being here. I am on here everyday, looking for hair advice.

Well a little about me...
I think I am a 4a ( not sure) with some 3c blend in the back. I have been natural for 1 yr and 6 months. After I had my daughter in 06, I chopped my hair off and I have never regretted it.:yep:

My regimen:
I have had my hair in box braids since August 27th. I co-wash everyday after work. I moisturize with shea butter and castor oil. I redo the edges once a month. And I keep my hair off my clothes. Very simple

I am on a mission to grow my hair to Bra-Strap or longer. So please let me know what works and how can I get better results

I have been reading a lot about the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, and I thought it was funny because while growing up in Jamaica (I recently migrated) my great-grandmother made this stuff all the time and we had to drink about 2 table spoons right before school started in September, it had me running to the bathroom. However it never made me sick. We used it on our hair and it made my hair grow as well as thick. My hair was super thick as a child ( I broke tons of combs back then and even now). Any way I called my grandmother yesterday and I was telling her about you ladies and how much you like the castor oil...She told me that she can get me about a 1/2 gallon castor oil for $500 Jamaican dollars which is about US$6, told her I need some.

She will be sending me a batch fairly soon...

FYI...I am not sure how to link my fotki to LHCF so you can visit, still trying to figure things out...

Thanks for reading !:yep: <------- I love these smilies

Welcome, bienvenidos!

And how about considering doing a co-op on Grandmom's JBCO? Seriously, let us know. I am convinced many of the ladies here would support a castor oil co-op. :)

Last edited:
Welcome :wave:

Oh and tell grandmother if she wants to make some quick money on the side, we :love: JBCO around these parts ESPECIALLY if we can get a half gallon for $6!

:sekret: I'll start taking up collections for shipping.

J/K...but not really.

Welcome!!!!

Your grandma will be rich if she opens up her own online store LOL I've never used Black Jamaican Castor Oil but I'm dying to try it.

Welcome to the boards :) On the real, your or your grandmother could sell the stuff and a lot of us ME ME ME would be purchasing :yep:!

I will be calling her back and see if she can send us more....She was explaining to me yesterday that the seed/tree (we call it inut....pronounce eyenut), does not grow every where...and it takes a lot of time and effort to make the oil. I used to watch her do it, so I know the process. The color comes from the seeds being parched

I will see if I can get some kind of paypal going....I will let you all know

Back