:(

YummyC

I did a terrible yesterday :( I am several weeks into stretching until the next touch up, so new growth heaven. I have not been able to comb it much, only with fingers. I got this wild idea to try combing it in the shower while the conditioner was still in it..... there was lots of hair in the comb. so of course i stopped combing. I need some suggestions please.....

Sorry your having a difficult time. Have you tried using Cream of Nature shampoo. It really helps alot with detangling. Combing your hair in the shower under the water will help also. Hope you can work it out without losing anymore hair.

Thanks, I hope so. I used my seamless comb, maybe i need to find a shower comb???
I used Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo.

when you have a lot of new growth it isnt a good idea to try and comb it. i tend to lose a lot of hair when i need a perm so i try to avoid it until i can get into the beauty shop.

A Jilbere Comb or a Wide Tooth comb may help detangle your hair along with a good amount of conditoner. They may be a few hairs in the comb but it should be less than what your experiecing now.

I can only do that with a paddle brush, K-cutter comb, or a wide-toothed comb. The K-cutter works the fastest w/the little loss of hair. :yep:

I actually detangle w/shampoo (CON) and my K-cutter. Since combing through my hair this way, I lose a lot less when I comb the conditioner through.

BTW, I start combing from the ends to the root.

For me, being a natural 4a/b w/VERY TIGHT COILS in the crown area, what works best is a LOT of conditioner (usually one of the VO5 variety (Strawberries N Creme or Peaches N Creme are my faves)) and my Jibere Shower Comb which I purchased from Sally's for under $5.00.

My K-Cutter comb, conditioner and shower experiences have been less than amusing.

Usually, if I'm having problems w/tangles or really dry hair, I'll put the conditioner in my hair BEFORE I shower, work through w/my fingers (my hair isn't long at all), section and comb out in SMALL sections, applying more conditioner as needed.

Be sure also, that you start your comb out from the ENDS of the hair and not the roots! Patience and a gentle hand will go a long way towards saving your hair.

HTH!

LaNecia said:
For me, being a natural 4a/b w/VERY TIGHT COILS in the crown area, what works best is a LOT of conditioner (usually one of the VO5 variety (Strawberries N Creme or Peaches N Creme are my faves)) and my Jibere Shower Comb which I purchased from Sally's for under $5.00.

My K-Cutter comb, conditioner and shower experiences have been less than amusing.

Usually, if I'm having problems w/tangles or really dry hair, I'll put the conditioner in my hair BEFORE I shower, work through w/my fingers (my hair isn't long at all), section and comb out in SMALL sections, applying more conditioner as needed.

Be sure also, that you start your comb out from the ENDS of the hair and not the roots! Patience and a gentle hand will go a long way towards saving your hair.

HTH!

WHOA Cali is EXPENSIVE!!! I paid $1.89 for my Jilbere!

Sorry Yummy... :(

Yeah, a wide tooth comb or detangle brush under running water or with loads of conditioner and GENTLE hands do the trick.

Also, you probably got a lot of SHEDDED hair because you've only been combing with fingers. My Denman D83, or a Paddle brush similar is good for getting the shed hairs out(while newgrowth is softened). Try detangling and de-shedding before you wash, then brush or comb under water/with cond. during the wash.

hth

Back