5 months Preggers and shedding need advice

Lynnerie

No, I'm not pregnant but my close friend is and she is shedding badly. Her doctor told her she has alopecia. her hair is apl. she is mildly relaxed. Texture is fine probably a 3 somethin. She has stopped relaxing since she is preggers. She asked me for some advice and I thought I'd better ask the ladies who know the most. I was going to send her some products too.

She doesn't have a set regimine and after being at her house I peeped suave shampoo and pantene relaxed & natural conditioner, and isoplus grease. I don't know what to tell my friend. Help me.

If it's shedding then i wouldn't worry about. shedding isn't a bad thing. if it was breaking then i'd start worrying. all she can do is leave her hair alone and comb only when necessary. this should pass when she gives birth i hope.

My hair shedded during the first trimester of my pregnancy and then it stopped cold turkey. I didnt do anything special but wore my hair in protective styles.Shedding during pregnancy is internal and its not alot you can do to stop it. I recommend less styling and wear the hair up more.

Now my baby is 3 and 1/2 months and the shedding has come back.So I shampoo only once a week(thats when I lose the most hair) and continue to wear protective styles till it passes.

Back