5 Months Post BC/ Lok & Blok Results *PICS!*

Soliel185

To end the twist challenge I went ahead and got my hair flat-ironed and trimmed. The stylist followed the cut I gave myself :grin: in July when I BC'd, and he took off 1-2" all the way around.

This was my first time using Lok & Blok (ie the new Sabino Moisture Block). We followed the instructions, and this was the result:

1229Update005Small-vi.jpg
1229Update001Small-vi.jpg

1229Update008Small-vi.jpg

The formula was thinner than the original, but so far for me the performance was the same. Straight, frizz free, moisturized hair with very minimal reversion, and when I washed I had no heat damage or loosening so I'm happy. :grin:

I read on the site that Lok & Blok can also be used to "seal" curly hair and eliminate frizz. Normally for a wash n go I use coconut and olive oil, but this time I decided to try the Lok & Blok out of curiosity.

1. DC/Wash Hair
2. Suave Tropical Coconut as Leave in
3. Apply Lok & Blok ( I did it in 4 sections) This is where I normally use oil
4. Apply Eco-styler gel

Light rinse, shake, plop zzzzzzz wake up pretty! :yawn:

1229Update016Small-vi.jpg
1229Update014Small-vi.jpg

1229Update018Small-vi.jpg
1229Update012Small-vi.jpg

I've got more pics in the fotki! :drunk:

ETA: I will say that I know now that my "mental" transition is complete. I was actually kind of miserable at first with straight hair and when I rinsed out my DC the other night and felt my hair kinking up I was soooo happy. LOL.

Last edited:
Wow its been 5 months already? It seems like the other day you cut your hair. Congrats your hair looks great!

i love your hair!! it looks great!! congrats on all your progress!
i'm sooo jealous of your wash and go thickness...:grin:

Wow, your hair is fabulous. :thud:

I'm in love. :love:

It looks absolutely gorgeous and lovely both curly and straight.

Back