4b perms

mystiquesista

for all my 4b ladies what type of perm do u use to get ur hair super straight?
i like affirm, but my new hairdresser who is white only uses affirm sensitive, and my hair is never straight.so the last time i had to go back the next day and she repermend, this time i just decided to deal b/c im am scared she will overprocess it. What she was supposed to do was give me Motions but she forgot. So which one do u use?
Thanks for anyresponses.

Hi Mystique!!!
I use the brand Kerasoft which is used at the salon that I go to.
EDIT: But it doesn't make my hair super straight.

My understanding is that a perm should not get your hair super straight. You can get a lot of damage that way.

Motions or Elasta QP. I used to use Affirm, and I had the same problem, but then I switched to Elasta QP, and the different was dramatic. I no longer want my hair super-straight, but either of these should do the trick. HTH
smile.gif

I have 4b hair and achieve excellent results with affirm lye mild. You say she only uses affirm sensitive -- why not ask her to use the formula that has worked for YOU in the past and if she's into pleasing her customers, she should order/get the products that work for your hair, especially if not getting the results you want. I mean, she CAN'T be happy about "redoing" your hair the very next day -- so tell her to get the stuff that will work OR find someone else. . .

Does she have experience doing african type hair? If not, that could be the problem . . .

Back