4B or C

RODI

I'm 12 weeks post. can you tell my hair type from my new growth?

Attachments

• Hair type.jpg
    Hair type.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 196
in my experience you wont know the hair pattern until you do the big chop. your relaxed hair is stretching it out and altering your hair pattern so you can't really see what's going on and I don't think you have enough hair to see. But I would say you're def. in the 4 range.

are you considering transitioning?

Don't get this board started on 4b 4c hair! I personally use Andres typing system and stop at 4b and that's what your hair looks like to me.
I know it's limited but simple for my brain.

in my experience you wont know the hair pattern until you do the big chop. your relaxed hair is stretching it out and altering your hair pattern so you can't really see what's going on and I don't think you have enough hair to see. But I would say you're def. in the 4 range.

are you considering transitioning?[/QUOTE

No I not considering

Don't get this board started on 4b 4c hair! I personally use Andres typing system and stop at 4b and that's what your hair looks like to me.
I know it's limited but simple for my brain.

My reason for wanting to know is that it makes it easier when searching for hair buddies/mentors here, blogs and on youtube. E.g, I know that my strands are fine so it makes no sense following someone with thick strands.
At first I considered myself 4B but when I see the texture of ladies on youtube claiming 4B makes me feel like I'm a 4C cause my texure is not as soft and have no wave pattern.

I have fine strands also, and I am a natural. I used to think I was a 4c because my hair was cottony and did not have a defined curl pattern. That was until I found the right combo of deep conditioners and Ayurveda powders. Now I can get defined cork screws in my hair without product. Now I'm claiming 4b.

Back