4b needs a lye relaxer recommendation!

bludacious

I need to relax my hair. I am 6 weeks post relaxer and I would go longer but I am starting to shed. I need a relaxer that is mild and conditioning! And not EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!

I use Creme of Nature Mild. I think it was only 4.99 at the BSS I didn't like the nutralizing shampoo that goes with it. It was pretty drying.

c_octavia said:
I use Creme of Nature Mild. I think it was only 4.99 at the BSS I didn't like the nutralizing shampoo that goes with it. It was pretty drying.

I tried Creme of Nature in the pass. But it was no-lye. I like it except for the no-lye relaxer eventually dried my hair out. Thanks, Octavia. Like the name, that was my Grandmother's name!

nicki6 said:
Soft and Beautiful no- lye for 5.99 :thumbsup:

Thanks nicki. I used Soft & Beautiful. I think it is too strong for my skin. It burned my neck. I had a really bad chemical reaction!

Affirm lye mild is simply awesome for my 4b hair. I've been using for about 2 years now and love love it. Might not be as inexpensive as some others but worth it -- I ordered my from sheldeez (sp?) and take to my stylist to apply every 3 months.

Leslie_C said:
Revlon makes a lye relaxer. I havent tried it but Ive heard it works well.

If you wanna lye relaxer that is inexpensive but good, then choose Revlon conditioning relaxer. I have been using no lye relaxers for years and my hair was always dry. I didn't know why until stumbling across the hair boards. Well, after much research, I chose to go with Revlon. I have 4b fine-medium texture hair. I just relaxed with this relaxer on Friday and I could not believe the results. My hair has never been so moisturized after a relaxer, and soft.... I couldn't keep my hands out of my hair. The true test was waking up on day 5 after relaxing and noticing that my hair was still moisturized and soft. No breakage what so ever. And, this relaxer straightens really well. I am so.... excited.

Hmmm. . . I remember I got this back in high school at a salon and my hair turned out really, really nice. I just used Phyto recently and I loved how it turned out but I have to decide if I want to stay with the not really straight texture or get me some lye and get my hair straight, especially since I have some underprocessed parts (took too long for me to self-relax and I had to wash it out before it processed) but anyway. I second the Revlon suggestion from what I remember. Of course, you always hear good stuff about Affirm.

In terms of shedding, I've been able to stretch mine to about 10 weeks by using coconut oil on my new growth before drying under a dome dryer. When I get past 6 weeks I have to really indulge in the moisturizing and the oiling, and no combing, being real gentle, etc.

Try the Vitale line. IMO that's best relaxer that I've come across for 4b hair types. If you have a sensitive scalp you can try their Vitale Mo' Body for sensitive scalps.

Back