4B Naturals

TRINITY05

1.What moisturizing shampoo are you using on your hair?

2.How often are you shampoo/conditioning?

3. When you do twistouts, what are you putting on your hair while it is wet to give it a shine?

4. Are you rollersetting as well as twistouts? If so what type of rollers are you using for your hair?

5. Are you trimming your own ends or are you going to a professional?

1. I switch between NTM (Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo) with Creme of Nature (Old bottle)
2. I shampoo minimum 1/week but it ranges from (1-3 times/week) and condition with every wash
3-5. My hair is still at TWA stage so its out 100% fof the time.
HTH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.What moisturizing shampoo are you using on your hair? Not using a shampoo regularly, maybe once every two to three months or so and I usually mix it with an oil. I mainly do cowashes. But if I do start using a shampoos regularly, I will do the Dr. Bonner recipe that Tracee has. It is a mixture of Bonner, water and oil.

2.How often are you shampoo/conditioning? Since I cowash almost daily I guess I am conditioning daily, but deep conditioning I am doing at least once a week.

3. When you do twistouts, what are you putting on your hair while it is wet to give it a shine? I do twist outs few and far between. I am a HYH gal for right now. To give my hair shine I am using oils, Sabino Moisture Block and spray sheens with oil to give me some shine.

4. Are you rollersetting as well as twistouts? If so what type of rollers are you using for your hair? Have not ventured into this one yet. I know for me and my hair it will require setting aside at least half a day to do rollers or anytype of setting so I have not done that yet, but when I do I will post pics. As I said before twistouts are few and far between because of the HYH route I am taking right now.

5. Are you trimming your own ends or are you going to a professional? I do dusting and have not done that often in the past 2 years. I had a lot of uneven ends but now they are in pretty good shape from what I can tell with my hair being natural. Don't think I will venture into a salon to have someone handle my hair with regards to trimming. No not going there at all.

I think Tracee even showed a youtube on how to trim hair particularly when it is should length and longer so when or if I ever decide to press it again I will take a look at the ends and if they need a trim do the Tracee method.

I am a DIY'er and I have managed to keep most of my hair on my head and setbacks have been very minimal.

Last edited:
1. I mix baking soda with my co-wash conditioner (whichever one I'm using) to make a psuedo-shampoo.

2. For twist-outs I use shea butter and jojoba oil for shine

3. No rollersets yet... Im to scared! :perplexed

1.What moisturizing shampoo are you using on your hair? I switch between CON green and red label

2.How often are you shampoo/conditioning? It used to be once a week but now it's once every two weeks

3. When you do twistouts, what are you putting on your hair while it is wet to give it a shine? Oyin handmade burnt sugar pomade is great for shine and it smells amazing too

4. Are you rollersetting as well as twistouts? If so what type of rollers are you using for your hair? N/A

5. Are you trimming your own ends or are you going to a professional? I trim every six weeks, I do it myself, while my hair is in two strand twists, I trim the ends

1.What moisturizing shampoo are you using on your hair? I don't use shampoo, at all - it's too drying. When I need to clean my hair, I use a mix of amla, shikakai and fo-ti mixed into my conditioner.

2.How often are you shampoo/conditioning? It varies. Usually once a week, but sometimes longer.

3. When you do twistouts, what are you putting on your hair while it is wet to give it a shine? I don't do twistouts - that's an invitation to tangle-city, and my bus doesn't like stopping there.

4. Are you rollersetting as well as twistouts? If so what type of rollers are you using for your hair? Nope, no rollersets for me, either. Again, one-way ticket to tanglecity.

5. Are you trimming your own ends or are you going to a professional? Trimming my own, on the rare times that I do trim. I think it's been 2 years since I've taken scissors to my head, now.

1.What moisturizing shampoo are you using on your hair?CON in the green bottle

i usually shampoo twice a month; i condition weekly

3. When you do twistouts, what are you putting on your hair while it is wet to give it a shine? i add coconut oil to my shea mix

4. Are you rollersetting as well as twistouts? If so what type of rollers are you using for your hair? i dont rollerset

5. Are you trimming your own ends or are you going to a professional? i trim my own because its cheaper and i dont know of a good professional trimmer

HTH!!!

I rarely use regular shampoo. I usually co-wash and wash with shikaki/amla tea; baking soda; ACV. Once in while I'll use Elucence Moisturizing Shampoo.

I co-wash and wash whenever I feel like it and DC at least once a week or more.

3. When you do twistouts, what are you putting on your hair while it is wet to give it a shine?

Coconut oil or Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade

4. Are you rollersetting as well as twistouts? If so what type of rollers are you using for your hair?

I sometime rollerset to strech my hair, not to wear it straight (I don't think I'll ever acheive that:spinning:) I use rod rollers.

I trim my own ends, I don't trust anyone with scissors near my hair!

I use different shampoos whether moisturizing or not. Of the moisturizing ones, I use any of these: Nexxus Therappe, Elucence, Neutrogena Triple Moisture (green cap), Trader Joe's Nourish Spa

Twice a week.

I didn't put anything when I did twist-outs. I didn't really care about having shine.

No, I never did and haven't done rollersets.

I am trimming my own ends.

1.What moisturizing shampoo are you using on your hair? Con Green Label & Giovanni Smooth As Silk.

2.How often are you shampoo/conditioning? Shampoo 7-10days & Co wash 2x in between. Deep conditioning after every shampoo.

3. When you do twistouts, what are you putting on your hair while it is wet to give it a shine? I just started doing something like the twistout style and my hair looks different everytime. LOL

4. Are you rollersetting as well as twistouts? If so what type of rollers are you using for your hair? Not really. I used to when stretching my hair. I have magnetic rollers, I would like to try mesh.

5. Are you trimming your own ends or are you going to a professional? Yes, DIYer I just purchased some shears from Sallys, I don't trust "professionals" much.

Last edited:
Ladies:

Thanks for all the information, I have been shampoo/conditioning once a week. I think I will change this and co-wash once/twice a week and get a good conditioner.

I no longer use shampoo and my hair thanks me everday.

I cowash about every 3 to 4 days.

N/A

N/A

I trim my own ends--haven't been to a professional in years.

I don't use shampoo. I either do a baking soda rinse (baking soda/water diluted well) or add a teaspoon of baking soda to my conditioner.
Ummm, never. Well really, I might use baking soda once a month if my hair is feeling especially dirty; usually I rinse my hair with water every day while I'm in the shower and that keeps my hair clean and moisturized. I haven't used a conditioner in several months, but I use oil daily (castor) and coconut oil when combing/detangling. I use coconut milk as conditioner sometimes as well.
When I do bantu knot outs (twist, then bantu knot) I use Oyin's honey hemp conditioner. It moisturizes well and when my hair is moisturized it shines as much as it's going to.
I don't rollerset.

I dust my own when I'm not too lazy. Otherwise, no trims.

Creme of Nature (green bottle)

Cold/moderate months - 1x a week
Warm/hot months - 2x a week

Homemade whipped shea butter mix (unrefined shea butter, safflower oil, conditioner)

I rollerset once in a blue moon. I use snap on magnetic rollers, which work really well for me.

5. Are you trimming your own ends or are you going to a professional
I haven't done a real trim since my BC (Feb 2008). Just a dust. When I do eventually trim, it'll be on my own. I don't trust professionals to trim my hair anymore; they always cut more than I want.

Back