4b NATURALS...what do you do???

Faith

Is it possible to fix our hair in such a way as to get a curl definition? Basically is there a way to fake a 3c sometimes? Heck even more 4a...?
Would I need rollers of some sort or would I twist it on my finger? I don't think the shingling would work on our hair type...would it? Would a curl defining creme do anything or is it a waste of time?
I have some 4a but I realized I mostly 4b...all Zs.
Also do any of you rollset it at times? How does it look?

firecracker said:
Does your hair have curl definition when its wet?
No it doesn't. It's more Z than S. It doesn't have any and that's why I'm wondering what methods I can use to fake it like I have it...but not weaving it or braiding it.

Cherokee said:
What about a twist/braid out? Both would give your hair a wave pattern.

This is what I would suggest also. When I do a twist out to keep the large curl pattern I water rinse only and add IC gel w/sparklites for holding the pattern/style.

You can do a braidout and coil the last 1/2 inch of the braid with a fine tooth comb to form a spiral.

I'm thinking my best bet may be the comb coil. Question for anybody who has done them before. Do you coil it then slip the comb out then go to the next? What products will make it better. Do I need grease, pomade, etc.? Is it better on wet hair? Damp hair? Etc.?
Thanks ladies :)

Back