4b natural: what kind of extention hair would you recommend?

LaDolceVia

i'm getting braided extentions in my hair and i don't have a relaxer at the moment. what kind of hair would you guys recommend i use: human, or plain dollar store synthetic?

I have 4A/B hair and used human hair only when I wore microbraids because that gave me more styling options (Human hair can be styled any way you can style relaxed hair eg using a curling iron). I also used the less silky hair because it's close in texture to how my hair might look relaxed, plus it's less slippery. I also wore hair that would extend beyond my own hair when braided. Since I folded my extension hair in half, I'd get a length that was twice the length of my hair and then some. www.hisandher.com sell longer lengths of hair albeiit not very cheaply but they're good quality and if you will reuse the hair, it's well worth it. The water wave hair does go wavy when you wash but only in the area beyond your own hair. So even if you got the natural straight perm hair (not the Italian mink <--- too silky for my liking), you can get waves if you make huge braids with the micros when hair's wet.

HTH

thanx girls...

i'm gonna get kinky twist tomorrow. i bought "kane...." hair lol forgot how to spell it. you know what i mean.... anyway, heres hoping all goes well.

LaDolceVia said:
thanx girls...

i'm gonna get kinky twist tomorrow. i bought "kane...." hair lol forgot how to spell it. you know what i mean.... anyway, heres hoping all goes well.
That's right. When I had kinky twists done, the hair used was definitely synthetic.

Back