4b FINE/THIN HAIR LADIES, WHAT STYLES DO YOU WEAR?

MRJ1972

I am looking for style ideas!!!

I am 4b with very thin/fine almost APL hair, in addition my nape area is about 1 inch long due to damage from SOMETHING??? not sure what it could be....

Braid outs and roller sets look awful because I have NO HAIR...I have been wearing a bun but it is causing unecessary tension on my nape area even though it is moved around my head in diff places....

ANY IDEAS????

Oh by the way, WIGS-any shape or form- are out the question for me AND I wore sew in's for years, and although I retained length, my hair is almost transparent...I am in bad shape!!!

I hope when you say wigs are out of question, you don't mean partial ones like phony puffs.

I wear twists most of the time. They look a lot thinner than they probably would if I didn't first twist each strand before wrapping it around the other, but I like that twisting method as it keeps my hair from tangling and keeps them longer. But it also means my twist-outs are skinny and no longer look cute to me. I used to think they looked like locs but I don't care for them anymore.

Wearing twists in updos (JustKiya, Mscocoface,...are two style pros that come to mind) or pulling them back and putting on a puff is one way. If you don't want to be in twists, pulling your hair back and putting on a phony puff is another way I wear my hair...or just pulling it back into a puff and wearing my own puff. Cornrows and own puff...

I have 4a fine hair (relaxed) and I wear my hair in a hair claw or a bun when I put it up. when I wear a bun, I try not to pull my hair too tightly into a hair elastic or avoid the elastic altogether by pinning a bun with bobby pins.

it takes some time to get the bun to have some fullness. messy buns work. southern tease bun only requires pins or a hair stick.

hope this helps.

I have fine 4b relaxed apl hair. I normally where my hair in claw clips or tension free buns (I secure my bun with 1-2 long hairpins only) I have some pics of my protective hair styles in my fotki. HTH

Back