4a's Naturals I Need Your Help!!!!

bgyrl

I feel like I am about to give up and just go back to braids because my hair has gotten so thick, dang I don't remember it being this thick. But that is not the problem. The problem is I hate the way alot of protective styles look on me like twists, flats twists, etc because my hair in the back was broken off a while ago from stress and now it is starting to grow back so when I wear twists it dosent like full. So I am in my head each day trying to do new styles and flat twisting my hair and undoing it in the morning.

I know I need to stay out of my hair in order for my hair to grow but I can't seem to find a protective style that fits me.:confused: I mastered the high puff (finally) but I know that will break off my edges eventually because it pulls on my hair. UGGHH!!! Can somone please help me find a signature style. :grin:

Just wanted to say good luck, because when I was natural, all I did was high puffs, low puffs and.. hmm.. an afro.

LOL

I'm still looking for a signature style too. Right now I'm in twists but like you I don't really love this look. I'm just going to hang in there, I think in another year I'll have enough length for my hair to look how I want it to look. Good luck.

No, my breakage occurred from wearing twists (with extensions) and pulling them back.

I just made sure not to pull my hair back too tight.

I did go for about a month of cane rowing the front, and the back in an afro puff.

But more often than not, it was an afro puff.

It was hard for me to stick with two-strand twists as my main style. Even though I redid the twists every 2 weeks, I just got bored too quickly. I also tried to do twistouts as my main style, but I got tired of twisting my hair every night. Now, I've just been styling my hair in two buns. I don't have to worry about all that styling and manipulating. :)

Poohbear said:
It was hard for me to stick with two-strand twists as my main style. Even though I redid the twists every 2 weeks, I just got bored too quickly. I also tried to do twistouts as my main style, but I got tired of twisting my hair every night. Now, I've just been styling my hair in two buns. I don't have to worry about all that styling and manipulating. :)

I am LOVING your hair..

:)

*gone to stalk your fotki*

I am having the same problem. I am currently wearing my hair in a bun in the back and two cornrows in the front to prevent breakage. I think that I am currently playing in my hair to much and that will hinder my hair growth. We are in the same boat.

jjjackie said:
I am having the same problem. I am currently wearing my hair in a bun in the back and two cornrows in the front to prevent breakage. I think that I am currently playing in my hair to much and that will hinder my hair growth. We are in the same boat.

That is what I did too.

Man, I miss natural hair, :lol:

Thanks seraphinelle!!! :D

jjjackie said:
Hey jjjackie! I had that same problem all last year... I played in my hair too much and styled it too much. I also have the same goal as you that you mentioned in your signature... to put all my hair into one low bun! :)

What do you mean by 'they don't look full'?? Have you tried doing skinnier flat twists? Each time I trimmed my hair, I had to make my flat twists skinnier so that I could catch all the hair, and it wouldn't look like how did what and why.....

Well I experienced alot of breakage in the back of my head its growing back though so thats why I say it dosent look full. When I do any type of twists the back is just looks broken off and I hate the way it looks so I just do a twist out the next day. Do you use heat to do your twists?

i say braid it ... since you're not liking the way protective styles look on you because the back has broken off, give your hair a rest and let it grow in some braids -- you'd be free from having to style it. you could also spend the time while your hair is up looking for inspiration in fotki's, books and the like, so that when you get to missing your hair, and the hair in the back of your head has grown in, you'll feel fresh to try out some new styles.

Thanx tkj25, I just came out of braids. I got sick of them because I was washing my hair 2 times a week and they were looking old after the first week and I was spending $140 to get them done and I had to get my braids re-done like every month and a half. I even went through alot of albums; that's what motivated me to let my hair out again. But when I was doing the styles that I seen everyone with my hair didn't come out looking like theirs. Hmmm, i don't know what to do?

I have really fine hair, so twists does not look really good on me. My main style is a bun. I too get bored, and that is when I jazz up the accessories.

Back