4a Pic Comparison of my hair straightened w/my new fav products

@Charla I've been natural for 3 years, I tried transitioning for a year without BC but it was a disaster so I BC to a TWA Spring of 2008, I just realized I'm approaching my 3 year anniversary!

Wow! I hope my hair is that gorgeous when I hit my 3-year anniversary!

itsjusthair88 That meant so much to me because while I was transitioning I had MANY days when I was at my rope, and every so often someone's picture gave me the inspiration I needed so I'm so happy to hear that! Just stay patient and your hair will soar. I started with a TWA and didn't straighten for 2 years, I had no idea what to expect and couldn't believe how healthy my hair was!

luckiestdestiny

I hope you do because I was shocked at how soft my hair felt and how much body it had, I have been getting compliments left and right!

Charla

I hope so as well! I spent almost a year rocking a protective style, if I had to narrow one thing that helped that is it, as well as keeping it moisturized with regular deep conditioning.

How's the hair holding up today, any reversion?

No reversion at all! The only thing I did was use my Lustra Silk hair stick to smooth it down and just a little more of the Enso Naturals Moss & Marshmallow Softening Serum to give it more shine than I had yesterday, the Serum didn't weigh it down at all so I would suggest using a small amount.

Looks great! Do you use a hot comb too? wow I wish I could flat iron my 4a hair. I have to use an electric hot comb first, then flat iron. What type flat iron do you use?

twatombl;13358129 @[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=308423" said:
Charla[/URL]

I hope so as well! I spent almost a year rocking a protective style, if I had to narrow one thing that helped that is it, as well as keeping it moisturized with regular deep conditioning.

Okaaaay, coincidentally, I just started my own personal protective style challenge on April 2, so I'm on the right track! Thank you!!!:yay::yay:

Looks great! Do you use a hot comb too? wow I wish I could flat iron my 4a hair. I have to use an electric hot comb first, then flat iron. What type flat iron do you use?

Thank you! I just used a Chi flat iron, I should note that I used VERY small sections, I made sure that there was not a lot of hair that went through my iron each pass to get it as smooth as possible, the more hair each pass the more likely for your hair to get puffy. That coupled with the products and my hair looked perfect because the Serum has to be what kept it from reverting so long, anything else gets my hair straight but it doesn't last at all.

Just wanted to update that I placed my order for Enso Naturals Curl Collection Set! It came with a full size of the Cacao Curl Deep Conditioner which is perfect since I got a sample size, The Marshmallow Pudding and the Olive & Honey Hydrating Hair Butter for $35. I added on a sample of the Aloe & Marshmallow Moisturizing Hair Milk because it sounded yummy. I'll share how they turn out once they come and I get here!

This is the set that I got: http://www.ensonaturals.com/value-sets/cacao-curl-collection.html

and the Hair Milk: http://www.ensonaturals.com/hair/moisturizers/wildflower-honey-hemp-hair-milk.html

Last edited:
Back