4a Natural Flatiron Pics..

lnana04

It's been about five months since the last time I've flatironed my hair. I recently bought a BedHead blowdryer, Rusk Calm Shampoo and Conditioner, and Rusk thermal protectant...so I decided tonight to give all of my new products and appliances a try...plus I wanted to see how my FHI would work this time around(2nd use).

I washed and conditioned my hair yesterday and put in a ton of Rusk leave in. Today I sprayed in a little protectant before blowdrying and I used the rusk thermal protectant before flatironing. I turned the flatiron all the way up to 450 degrees :ohwell: and I went over each section VERY SLOWLY using the chase method with a round blowdrying brush. As usual, I'm on the edge and nervous hoping that it reverts back, but I have a good feeling that it will....my hair can take a lot of heat. At first it wasn't coming out how I liked, but I found the trick...you have to go VERY slow with the flatiron if you want it stick straight. Here are the pics.

I'm going to sleep tonight with bantu knots and see how it turns out in the morning.

Attachments

• hair2 018.jpg
    hair2 018.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 187
  • hair2 019.jpg
    hair2 019.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 132
  • hair2 022.jpg
    hair2 022.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 166
  • hair2 0251.jpg
    hair2 0251.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 193
  • hair2 030.jpg
    hair2 030.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
'bless you' on the last pic.. you were sneezing right lol! *jokes. :lachen:
n-E-wayz, your flat ironed hair turned out great! I love the subtle colour on your hair as well.

Thanks for the compliments ladies! Yeah, my hair is VERY thick. Sometimes the thickness of it frustrates me because it also has a lot of shrinkage when wet. With the last flatiron, I complained of using too many products in my hair, and I think I did this time aswell with the Rusk leave-in. Next time I won't use as much, but I'm grateful that it still looks nice.

Thanks for the compliments ladies! Yeah, my hair is VERY thick. Sometimes the thickness of it frustrates me because it also has a lot of shrinkage when wet. With the last flatiron, I complained of using too many products in my hair, and I think I did this time aswell with the Rusk leave-in. Next time I won't use as much, but I'm grateful that it still looks nice.

It came out really nice. I will have to try that technique. What do you use (if anything) to prevent quick reversion?

It came out really nice. I will have to try that technique. What do you use (if anything) to prevent quick reversion?

Thanks Yall lol! I don't really use anything to prevent reversion. I think the less products that you use helps with that. Next time I'm going to use a liquid leave-in and a little heat protectant or serum.

Thanks Yall lol! I don't really use anything to prevent reversion. I think the less products that you use helps with that. Next time I'm going to use a liquid leave-in and a little heat protectant or serum.

Bantu knot-out:

Attachments

• hair3 006.jpg
    hair3 006.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 27
  • hair3 007.jpg
    hair3 007.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 23
  • hair3 008.jpg
    hair3 008.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 26
you have lovely hair.. how long did it take you to transition?

Thanks again everyone!

I've been natural since '02. I got my last relaxer in April of that year and I transitioned until December...then I cut it off. I had about 3-4 inches of new growth at that time, and I've just been growing it ever since. My hair should really be WAY longer, but these last few years have been really frustrating. I just made a commitment at the beginning of this year to start taking better care of my hair.

Looks good. I wish I could get the hang of the chase method. I think I am just way too clumsy or something.

Beautiful hair. The chase method and going down the hair really slowly made a huge difference for me, too.

Back