4 years natural want a relaxer

AngiGirl

:p Okay Ladies I need some advice. I am a new member to this sight and my hair is between shoulder and APL and very thick. I am 4a4b natural since 2002. A little over a year ago I discovered www.growafrohairlong.com and began following much of the crown & glory technique without the braids which has been a blessing. This routine is getting impossible because of the length and thickness of my hair. I have to blow dry before I flat iron. I fear damage from the heat. I am thinking about having my hair professionally relaxed but I am terrified that I may see damage. Past beauty shop experiences have been bad. I know I can hit my target of WL, but I also realize that doing it while flat ironing and blow drying weekly will slow me down considerably. The plan is to relax my hair in the next few weeks and stretch the retouches. I also want to reduce or eliminate the heat. My biggest concern is how to keep my ends moist after the relaxer. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:
:wave:

I just wanted to say welcome to LHCF. I don' t relax my hair anymore so I have not advice as to how to keep you hair ends moisture but I am sure the wonderful ladies here that doe will be more tha happy to give you advice on how to keep you ends moist.

L.

Welcome!!! I would say the bunning and baggying method are good ways to retain moisture if your hair is relaxed. I would do searches and read up on those...

Best wishes on your hair journey :)

Back