4 months of NG + Mini Glide = OMG!!!

I have a FOREST of new growth and today I FINALLY decided to use the Mini Glide that came with the Maxi Glide I bought 3 years ago on the NG.

Lawd it looks like I actually have a relaxer!!!!

I just may be able to be a long term transitioner after all.

AWESOME!!! I was thinking about getting a maxi-glide but am still growing out my natural hair and won't use it until I have some true length. Your going natural???? YAAAYY!!! I can't wait to see your progress and transition. I saw that puff in another thread and got excited! LOL

YAY you!!! and i live for my maxiglide so i know miniglide is good too...
PS i love your siggie pic

Now you have been on here for a minute and you know how we do when you tease us like this lol. Pictures, pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres the 4 months of NG that the Mini Glide took care of.

DSCN4630.jpg

Here is what it looked like when I first did it. This pic is sorta wack, I know.

DSCN4619.jpg

And heres how it always ends up. Again, the pic is wack.

DSCN4626.jpg

I blow dryed it in 6 sections with Fantasia Frizz Buster. I really could have just stopped there b/c that Frizz Buster aint no joke. I felt adventurous and used the Mini glide and I REALLY went all out and curled the ends with a free curling iron I got from Sallys a few years ago. It was small, 3/4 inch barrel, but thats all I had. I havent used a curling iron since high school/college I think.

your hair is so beautiful! i have only heard of the maxi glide on this forum, i have never seen it in person but i am interested!

I have a FOREST of new growth and today I FINALLY decided to use the Mini Glide that came with the Maxi Glide I bought 3 years ago on the NG.

Lawd it looks like I actually have a relaxer!!!!

I just may be able to be a long term transitioner after all.

I looove that MINI glide gurl! When I first tried it, I was skeptical because I don't typically like to deal with any hair appliance that doesn't allow me to control the temperature. Not to mention the fact that it has unremoveable comb plates and I was concerned about snagging and breakage but once I used it on my new growth, I was pleasantly surprised!

The one thing I will say though is that you really do have to take your time with it, don't you?:lachen: I'm laughing because I can be really impatient so every act I make on my hair is a test in patience! The first time I tried the mini glide, I fidgeted, started blowing hard, stretched and almost talked myself out of it but in the end, I got through it and it was well worth it!! it helped carry me through to my 17th week and before that I'd only managed to make it to week 12!!:yep:

Your hair looks fabulous and thanks for taking the time to post a pic! This is sure to inspire some of us who find ourselves wrestling with our new growth!:thankyou:

Great job! Your hair looks gorgeous! You laid down your edges pretty well. I should have bought a flatiron at the beginning of my journey (2007) because it would have saved me the heart ache I went through when detangling

I looove that MINI glide gurl! When I first tried it, I was skeptical because I don't typically like to deal with any hair appliance that doesn't allow me to control the temperature. Not to mention the fact that it has unremoveable comb plates and I was concerned about snagging and breakage but once I used it on my new growth, I was pleasantly surprised!

The one thing I will say though is that you really do have to take your time with it, don't you?:lachen: I'm laughing because I can be really impatient so every act I make on my hair is a test in patience! The first time I tried the mini glide, I fidgeted, started blowing hard, stretched and almost talked myself out of it but in the end, I got through it and it was well worth it!! it helped carry me through to my 17th week and before that I'd only managed to make it to week 12!!:yep:

Your hair looks fabulous and thanks for taking the time to post a pic! This is sure to inspire some of us who find ourselves wrestling with our new growth!:thankyou:
Yes I really took my time. There is no way you can rush thru it and do a good job.

I was just amazed that I was able to straiten the roots with just 1 pass!

I rarely post anything but I came in to co-sign on the mini glide!! I also recieved it for free when I bought my Maxi Glide. I used it last night for the first time and loved it!! My hair was soft and felt like I had just gotten a relaxer (I'm 7 months post). I was suprised that it didnt take longer than usual to flat iron my hair so that was a plus. Anywho, just wanted to throw my two cents in and encourage others to try it out :grin: And I know you all want pics so here you go:

9cd31549-1.jpg

64d6f6ee-1.jpg

Girlygirl08, I don't post that much either, but I like the way your hair turned out too. I'm feeling a little inspired about my strech now. I'm 18 weeks post and just taking it one day at a time.

Girlygirl08, I don't post that much either, but I like the way your hair turned out too. I'm feeling a little inspired about my strech now. I'm 18 weeks post and just taking it one day at a time.

Thanks!! You should definitely try it...you wont be disappointed at all!! The mini glide will definitely help out with your stretch :-)

Back