4 Month Ayurveda Challenge RESULTS!

You ladies did an awesome job! Now I'm mad at being lazy, LOL...is there going to be another challenge? :lick:

ETA: Nevermind, with my slow self...found the new thread!

Last edited:
I was apart of this challenge but I had to stop two months in. I started to get alot of shedding, so I stopped. I want to try again but I need to know what to do to not have so much shedding. Did anyone else get a lot of shedding?

In the beginning I shed once from not rinsing the powder out well. What kind of mixtures are you using? Are you moisturizing enough? Also tea rinses stop shedding in it's tracks.

Could you guys post whether you made tea rinses, pastes, or mixed the powders with conditioners?

I used to use the paste but it was messy and apparently I wasn't getting it all out because my relaxer turned brown at the salon LMAO.

Otherwise GREAT PROGRESS! Hopefully I can join the next one, I have Ayurveda products to get rid of >.>

All of the above, Rinsing with a cheap cond. like Suave or Vo5 really helps to rinse out the powders.

Ok – Took me a minute. Had to decide if I was going to relax my new growth first, but decided against it. Also, did not want to flat-iron for photo because of LHCF Boot Camp.

Starting shot – March 16, 2009 – Fresh relaxer and trim to blunt ends.
2zox9a9.jpg

DH shot – June 26, 2009. Since hair was soaked it came out stringy. Last relaxer May 1st.
1079xn8.jpg

My reshot today. Towel blotted.
2a93682.jpg

I use a mixture of Amla and Kalpi Tone paste. Sometimes I mix with cassia (favorite), brahmi or maka powders. I usually add conditioner/oils as well. I oil with mostly with Amla, but pre poo with majabhirjani (sp) or shikakai. I really like the thickness and shine that the process has added to my hair. My roots are very thick (did touch up on May 1 – will not relax again prior to August 1). I will continue to use the products – shampoos are a thing of the past for me unless I purchase a Ayurveda bar.

Ok – Took me a minute. Had to decide if I was going to relax my new growth first, but decided against it. Also, did not want to flat-iron for photo because of LHCF Boot Camp.

2zox9a9.jpg

DH shot – June 26, 2009. Since hair was soaked it came out stringy. Last relaxer May 1st.
1079xn8.jpg

2a93682.jpg

I use a mixture of Amla and Kalpi Tone paste. Sometimes I mix with cassia (favorite), brahmi or maka powders. I usually add conditioner/oils as well. I oil with mostly with Amla, but pre poo with majabhirjani (sp) or shikakai. I really like the thickness and shine that the process has added to my hair. My roots are very thick (did touch up on May 1 – will not relax again prior to August 1). I will continue to use the products – shampoos are a thing of the past for me unless I purchase a Ayurveda bar.

Nice progress.:yep: You'll be SL in no time. I don't use shampoo anymore either, except when I relax or color. What kind of Shikakai oil are you using?

Nice progress.:yep: You'll be SL in no time. I don't use shampoo anymore either, except when I relax or color. What kind of Shikakai oil are you using?

Thanks Lady! I think I would do better if I was not so addicted to dusting :ohwell:. But DH hid the scissors when he saw the comparison pics, so I guess I am done for a while. Your hair looks great too.

I no longer have the bottle for the oil because I consolidated the Amla and Shikakai into one bottle. But I ordered it off of Richita Ayurveda sometime in April. If their server was not so darn slow right now, I would post a picture link. Try this . . . .

http://www.ruchita.mybisi.com/product/115528/Shikakai-Herbal-Hair-Oil-by-Hesh-Ancient-Formulae_370455.html

-

Thanks Lady! I think I would do better if I was not so addicted to dusting :ohwell:. But DH hid the scissors when he saw the comparison pics, so I guess I am done for a while. Your hair looks great too.

I no longer have the bottle for the oil because I consolidated the Amla and Shikakai into one bottle. But I ordered it off of Richita Ayurveda sometime in April. If their server was not so darn slow right now, I would post a picture link. Try this . . . .

http://www.ruchita.mybisi.com/product/115528/Shikakai-Herbal-Hair-Oil-by-Hesh-Ancient-Formulae_370455.html

-

It didn't load for me either, I want order from here so bad, but I'm kinda scared.

2zox9a9.jpg

1079xn8.jpg

2a93682.jpg

Great Progress, your neck is completely covered now. Congrats!

It didn't load for me either, I want order from here so bad, but I'm kinda scared.

Flowinlocks--I've ordered from her twice with no issues. That first time when it took me forever to get stuff it was all the post office. Second time the stuff came quick.

I ordered from ruchita (200 dollars worth of stuff) and it was all okay. It took about a week and a half for my stuff to get to my house.

Ok everyone, here are my results. I made it a bit awkward for myself by joining the 'hide your hair challenge' but I took a picture just before it began. I did however have a 1 inch trim just after I started this 4 month challenge and a 2 inch trim just after I took the picture as I have been growing out my super damaged ends from a relaxer mishap 2 years ago.

The first picture is my original starting pic and the second the one was taken at the beginning of June 09. I lightly flat ironed my hair for the June pic.

What I can say is that using the Ayurvedic regime has allowed me to retain alot more of my growth than I thought I would be able to do as several inches of my hair were very over processed and really I should have chopped off another 4 inches to be rid of them. My hair/new growth is in the best condition it has ever been and the powders make my hair so soft and manageable that I decided to transition to natural. Curlybear/Goingnatural's fotki made me want my own natural hair and using Ayurveda has allowed me to to do this with without the problems I had when I used to stretch my relaxers previously.

Attachments

• march09.jpg
    march09.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 57
  • hair pic June.jpg
    hair pic June.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Ok everyone, here are my results. I made it a bit awkward for myself by joining the 'hide your hair challenge' but I took a picture just before it began. I did however have a 1 inch trim just after I started this 4 month challenge and a 2 inch trim just after I took the picture as I have been growing out my super damaged ends from a relaxer mishap 2 years ago.

The first picture is my original starting pic and the second the one was taken at the beginning of June 09. I lightly flat ironed my hair for the June pic.

What I can say is that using the Ayurvedic regime has allowed me to retain alot more of my growth than I thought I would be able to do as several inches of my hair were very over processed and really I should have chopped off another 4 inches to be rid of them. My hair/new growth is in the best condition it has ever been and the powders make my hair so soft and manageable that I decided to transition to natural. Curlybear/Goingnatural's fotki made me want my own natural hair and using Ayurveda has allowed me to to do this with without the problems I had when I used to stretch my relaxers previously.

Congratulations on your progress!! I totally agree with feeling the differience with the new hair. It's almost like I can't wait to slowly trim away the preayurveda hair. It's like getting a whole new head of hair.

I ordered from her twice. Each time I got the products in less than a week. I was satisfied with her stuff for the most part. She has a HUGE variety of oils. I have no complaints . . .plus the LHCF discount basically paid for my shipping both times. I think the shipping has changes now though. Also, her server is not usually slow.

Back