4 hour flat iron job vs. 20 minute job

I love the fact that it's lightly straightened so it's manageable but not to straigth so it's still BIG. Big hair rocks:thumbsup:

Your hair looks awesome. I like the 20 minute flat iron even better than the 4 hour one.

*sigh*

I only dream of ever straightening my hair in less than a few hours. I think it would take me longer than 20 minutes even if I was relaxed and my hair was already blow dried and detangled. I am SUPER slow at any sort of styling/hair manipulation.

Your hair is awesome, I'm glad you're adding styles/technique to your reggie that works for you, and you are learning and enjoying your hair! Kudos.

BTW I love the hair in your siggy pics!

Be still my heart! :love: *swoons*

:drool:

ETA: It's awesome that you could get it to look like that in a fraction of the time it took you before.

:notworthy

I know you've got some long hair stories to share in the fantasy thread:grin: The 20 min job looks much straighter - if it will continue to do that for you without problems, then you've got it made!

Is your new signature the result of your latest flat iron? I always take a moment to admire it whenever you post. The results are beyond lovely.

I get tired halfway through flat ironing so one side is noticeably kinkier than the other. I have to work on that...

mwedzi do you air dry before you flat iron? or blow dry?

My hair feels kind of hard when I do either and I can't comb thru it w/o breaking hairs when I'm trying to flat iron.

Your hair is so beautiful!

I wish I could flat iron my hair in 20 minutes.

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and so thick!! :D

Really, right? I used to be able to flat iron in 20 mins...when I was relaxed. Now, forget it! I would love to see your hair flat ironed -even just a small section, FlowerHair!

gosh, i love your hair sooo much!! i'm so jealous of the thickness. your new reggie sounds like it's working for you

so its a bad thing to use heat every week? how about every two weeks? does hair stay straight during the whole two weeks untill next time?

Your hair is gorgeous! Thanks for mentioning your new regimen.

I haven't straightened/flatironed in over two years now and I think my problem was I was using too high of a temp, too frequently, and on top of dirty hair. Now, that I've learned the 'correct' way (i.e. deep condition hair first, use heat protectant) I may treat myself in a few months.

Gorgeous hair Mwedzi. I'm a great believer in 'If you find something that works for you then keep on doing it!'

Love the thickness I'm seeing 20min you should continue with-out question..

Happy Hair Growing!

A relative of mine has natural hair and itis hard to straighten if she hasn't used heat in forever (which she doesn't) and then she flat irons with barely straight results. Waits awhile and then deep conditions and flat irons again the next washy and gets straight and shaky hair.

So I do believe it's heat training to an extent. But certainly not damaging. Her hair coils are right on track, same as before. Your hair looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

Back