4 b's: How do you wrap your hair?

Afrolinda

So this morning I was wrapping my hair ( or trying to ) but it wasn't that easy, eventually I did my best but I don't know if I did it "right". So can anyone give me tips on how to wrap our type of hair. What products can I use before wrapping to make it easier? How do I wrap?

I wrap it after putting my cream moisturizer and spray with EVOO. It lays like butta...but I am relaxed. Maybe some of the naturals can help you.

Last edited:
I finally got it down to where it's reasonable. It takes some practice.

I usually wrap after I add cream moisturizer and oil as well. Dry just doesn't work for me and my hair is too short.

Sometimes the crown of my head does not wanna cooperate, so I take it and roll it up in a magnetic roller. Most nights, though, I can get it to behave.

I wrap one of two ways, so my hair doesn't get used to one method. I either wrap from where I part my hair and to the left and around, or I make a part from ear to ear, and start at the left and wrap it around to the right. I found a video that helped far more than any description ever did.

Part 1, wet wrap (I do mine dry but with moisturizer, the same way) http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/black-hair-wet-wrap.htm

part 2: http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/black-hair-wrap-comb.htm
Here is one fro dry wraps: http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/black-hair-dry-wrap.htm

it really helped me to see what people were talking about. Now I can wrap it in about 5 mins. The first time took a half hour and me throwing a brush across the room :)

Thank you but her hair is relaxed. I need wrapmethodes for people with Natural, coarse, 4 b type of hair like me.

Hey there? are you talking about wrapping 4B hair that has not been pressed or flat-ironed?! Let me know how that works out.

My hair is 3c-4a. Now that you brought this up I will try to do it like relaxed heads do: after washing and DCing, apply leave-in and setting lotion or what ever and wrap using my denman to keep things in order. BUT since I am pretty sure that my hair will try to spring back, I am going to quickly tie a silk scarf around the hair and then sit under the dryer. THink that'll work?

When I want to wear my hair straight I usually just flat iron and wrap it to maintain during that week. I too would like to hear from some responses from ladies who wet-wrap kinky-curly hair.

malachi74 said:
Hey there? are you talking about wrapping 4B hair that has not been pressed or flat-ironed?! Let me know how that works out.

My hair is 3c-4a. Now that you brought this up I will try to do it like relaxed heads do: after washing and DCing, apply leave-in and setting lotion or what ever and wrap using my denman to keep things in order. BUT since I am pretty sure that my hair will try to spring back, I am going to quickly tie a silk scarf around the hair and then sit under the dryer. THink that'll work?

When I want to wear my hair straight I usually just flat iron and wrap it to maintain during that week. I too would like to hear from some responses from ladies who wet-wrap kinky-curly hair.

Yes. So I get the impression that nobody does that.

If you're natural and your hair isnt' pressed/straightened I fear wrapping your hair would cause an extreme amount of breakage IF it will even work.

I'm obviously no expert in natural hair, but I thought I would just mention this so you would knwo..

MsDee4 said:
If you're natural and your hair isnt' pressed/straightened I fear wrapping your hair would cause an extreme amount of breakage IF it will even work.

I'm obviously no expert in natural hair, but I thought I would just mention this so you would knwo..[/quot

Oh ok, thank you ( I am so ashamed ).

Back