$4.95 for a ROLLERSET!?!? Im Bout to Pass OUT!!!!!

Chaya

Y'all I just got back from Cost Cutters. I needed a rollerset. Nothing special about it just a rollerset. I came in to cost cutters with my hair shampooed with conditioner still in. The lady rinsed the conditioner out and rolled my hair up using some Dudley's setting lotion. She used smaller rollers than I normally would but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.
She sat me under the dryer for about an hour and took the rollers out. I told her that I would finger comb it and wrap in under the scarf and go home so she didnt need to style it for me. BTW it was a white lady....
grin.gif

After applying my olive oil that I brought with me and wrapping my hair in my scarf I went to go pay and they told me $4.95!!! I almost lost it. I gave the lady a $2 tip and felt like baller!!!!
Best Salon experience ever. Ill be getting roller set everyweek!!

BTW I took my scarf off when I got home and added some Surge Motion lotion #9 and shoof my hair out and Ya'll my Hair IS BANGING!!!!!!!!!!!!
king.gif
clap.gif
dance7.gif

I tired to take pictures of my hair with my palm pilot camera and unfortunatly they look bogus as all get out. Maybe Ill go to my moms house and ask one of them to take a pic!

Holy crap thats ridiculously cheap. Is Cost Cutters all over the place? I'm thinking the price would've been more if they'd shampood/conditioned you. I wonder what they'd have charged then....

Your lucky to have found your weekly salon for rollarsets. Well done.

I never heard of that salon before. I'm looking to try a rollerset this year, but dont know how it will come out. But, if I can find this place near my city I'll give it a try. Is CostCutters a predominately white salon?

Hey Chaya, did you go to one in Champaign-Urbana? If so, which one....Imma have to try this out...did she have the Dudley's or did you bring it? 4.95!! I am on the floor!!!!

Honeycomb: Costcutter is through the Regis hair corporation. You can look it up under the costcutter's website. It is a predominately white salon but there are usually a few black folks working there. The lady who trims my hair and does the bomb "dust trims" is at cost cutters and she's black, but when I went to see her today for a rollerset she didnt have rollers!!! So she sent me to a cost cutter accross town to a white lady who had rollers that are a bit smaller than I usually use. It came out very nice though. Next time Ill be bringing my rollers with me to the black lady.

Honeyjammz: I usually go to the cost cutters inside the Savoy Walmart for trims. Today I went to a costcutters in Champaign for my rollerset. Im not sure where you are located but I know they are all over Illinois just hit up the website. They had the Dudley's in the salon. In facdt they sell the whole line there!!!!

I would suggest that you call ahead to get an idea of who;s available and the pricing in your particular area. It may vary!

Oh really!?! I thought about going there as well, but I didnt know how much to expect. Also at cost cutters you have someone who is working with you who actually is is already liscenced and doesnt have their instructor stading over you.

Ive had a bad beauty school experience, but thanks for the info!

I don't let beauty school students do major things to my hair and I bring my own products unless I know which ones they use in that particular school.

I think next time Ill also bring my own setting lotion. Not a big fan of the duddley's. My stylist in chicago uses Infusium 23 leave in along with a setting lotion and I think i would prefer that over the dudley's. The Dudley's produces a firmer set in my opinion.

ok, I am in Urbana-UofI student....I need to look into this cheap phenomanon!!!!
Cost-Cutters, here I come!!!

[ QUOTE ]
honey_jammz82 said:
ok, I am in Urbana-UofI student....I need to look into this cheap phenomanon!!!!
Cost-Cutters, here I come!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know you went to U of I! I am a 2001 alum!
Yeah im gonna be hittin up cost cutters more often. I would just suggest tah you bring your own rollers and prewash and condition your own hair. You may want to brin in your own leave in and setting lotion yourself as well!

Back