4.7 Stars for MIZANI BUTTER BLENDS! LOVE IT!

chayil0427

1-Butter Base Scalp protector-2.0 oz

This product was wonderful. It’s an oil based gel that is very easy to work with. I spent quite a bit of time basing my scalp with this product working with very small sections. The gel has a subtle odor which I thought smelled kind of nice. The gel coats the scalp very thoroughly but is still viscous enough to sit on top of the skin and not soak in. I used the last bit of this to coat my ends for a little added protection.

1-Honey Shield Protective Pre-Treatment-2.0 oz

This is the best pre-treatment I’ve ever used. It a lotion-like liquid that’s kind of thin. It was very easy to apply and coated the hair completely. After a few minutes the lotion dries slightly (it’s still moist but not wet). I really liked this because it’s really hard to section hair that’s wet with pre-treatment. This one dries and doesn’t stick the hair together so the hair remains very easy to work with.

1-Rhelaxer-Normal/Medium- 12.5 oz

This is the absolute best relaxer cream I’ve ever worked with. The formula is thick with a creamy/buttery feel. It was SO easy to apply. It wasn’t lumpy, gloppy or goopy but smoothed out beautiful in the parts. As I smoothed the relaxer cream it began straightening but not at warp speed so I was really able to work with the cream and get complete coverage in smoothing. What I liked most about this cream was how easily it rinsed out. It washed out just like thick conditioner. As I rinsed I noticed that my hair felt extremely silky, soft, moist, and strong. It didn’t have the post relaxer wiry feel that you get with a lot of relaxers. It was so soft…this is definitely a conditioning relaxer cream. I didn’t experience any burning. There was a slight tingle right before I jumped in the shower to rinse …barely noticeable.

1-Perphecting Crème Normalizing Conditioner-2.0 oz

This was a nice crème. It’s light enough to be easy to work through without tugging your hair but thick enough to coat. I love the idea of a conditioner that also neutralizes. After rinsing my hair felt really smooth.

1-Balance Hair Bath Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo-2.0 oz

I love this neutralizing poo. It works up into a vigorous lather and leaves the hair so soft and silky and moist! Imagine that! A neutralizing and chelating poo that leaves hair moist without stripping. LOVE IT! (For extra moisture in the poo I added just a dash of Aveda Sap Moss Concentrate to my hair then lathered with this poo without rinsing. My hair felt really great after this…I really could have stopped here without further conditioning judging from how my hair felt.)

1-Microfusion Penetrating Conditioning Treatment 3.4 oz

This was the only part of the system I wasn’t fanatical about. It’s a spray on mist and I just felt like I wasn’t getting a lot of conditioning with it. After rinsing my hair just felt kind of filmy not really conditioned per say. I think I might try what’s left in the bottle as a leave in during another wash. I followed this up with some Aveda DR for extra conditioning. I’ll probably skip this product next time I use the system and just head straight for the Aveda. If not for this product I would have definately given the system a 5.

Conclusion

This was an amazing relaxer experience. It really reaffirmed my decision to be a total do it yourselfer. I will continue to use this relaxer system exclusively. I love it, and would recommend it to anyone. This experience in combination with my love for the Mizani H20 Intensive night treatment have started a fire to try other Mizani products.

You can purchase it from the following link:

http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/mibublinkit.html

There is also a larger kit available which I will be ordering! I gotta keep this stuff in stock!!

But dang $40:lachen::lachen:

Well actually there is enough product in the containes for 2 retouches. So it comes out to about 20 bucks a touch up which I don't think is bad...at least not compared to the 85 I was paying at the salon to get dyed fried and laid aside...coming home with my stuff on crisp. :nono:

Chayil

Well actually there is enough product in the containes for 2 retouches. So it comes out to about 20 bucks a touch up which I don't think is bad...at least not compared to the 85 I was paying at the salon to get dyed fried and laid aside...coming home with my stuff on crisp. :nono:

Chayil
Aww man, I'd better not risk it. Last time I experimented I got burns. I think I'll go with my $4.00 SE :lachen:

Chayil

The truth!:lachen:

Thanx for the review! I use no-lye, but I'm considering switching to lye, and might buy this system.

Is the neutralizing shampoo color-coded?

Thanks for the review. I don't think the price is that bad, either.

The kit is actually a nice deal, in my opinion. You have everything you need.

I wonder how much it will cost once they run out of these kits.

I look forward to trying this - I bought one a while ago.

I just know I will want the entire set - and we all know how much Mizani costs.

I was gonna try this for my next touchup (next Friday) but decided to go ahead and get the regular Mizani. But when I run out of that, Im def. gonna try the Butter Blend!! Great review! :D

I think the price will go up as well, so I'm thinking of ordering another kit. I got the large one that comes with both strengths, but for the price of two salon touchups, I think I can get an easy 8-10 retouches out of those relaxer tubs. I tried it on dd last night, followed the instructions to a T, and of course did a couple of extra treatments. When I got done with the spray mist, I followed with the 2 minute reconstructor. DD's hair was nice and strong-no burns and she is the most sensitve scalp chica you ever want to meet. I styled her with the Maxi glide and her hair was really nice. That girl was getting her :grin: on! I can't wait to try it for myself.

Great Review, btw.

I think the price will go up as well, so I'm thinking of ordering another kit. I got the large one that comes with both strengths, but for the price of two salon touchups, I think I can get an easy 8-10 retouches out of those relaxer tubs. I tried it on dd last night, followed the instructions to a T, and of course did a couple of extra treatments. When I got done with the spray mist, I followed with the 2 minute reconstructor. DD's hair was nice and strong-no burns and she is the most sensitve scalp chica you ever want to meet. I styled her with the Maxi glide and her hair was really nice. That girl was getting her :grin: on! I can't wait to try it for myself.

Great Review, btw.
I have been seriously thinking about trying this kit. I might go ahead and order it. I agree, I think they will go up on the prices also!

I have been seriously thinking about trying this kit. I might go ahead and order it. I agree, I think they will go up on the prices also!

Tee, I like this one even better than the ORS. It got us straight but it was a little irritating in regular strength. Now this Mizani, I've had it for a few weeks and just finally went for it. I couldn't be happier. I'm going to closely monitor her hair over the next several weeks to be sure she doesn't experience any subsequent problems but so far so good, especially since she is very sensitive. :yep:

Back