3C hair update...another dominican blowout

aregee

i did it again and this one came out better than the last one. the girl nearly burned the hair off my scalp but it looks gooooooood! i don't know how anyone can stand to go through that every week. i think i may go once a month. i still don't know what products they use to wash and condition, but i know that they used a little Ion Straightening stuff (i'm not sure *exactly* when she used it) and some type of gloss or polisher at the end. (FYI: i wear glasses and have to take them off when they're doing my hair, so i can't see what they're using, and i never remember to check afterwards) i am happy to report that my hair is officially 1 1/2 inches beyond my bra strap and growing! i'm not trying to obtain any particular length, just letting it do its own thing. i did get a chance to finally use my kemi oyl shea butter pomade. i think i like it better on my dry hair than the kemi oyl. it gave just the right amount of weight and sheen. i'll continue to use the kemi oyl on my wet hair. leejure is my hair twin if anyone is curious as to how my hair looks.

That's great! I never really check out the products they use on my hair either....they always seem to have them in big bottles with no labels on them.
frown.gif

So glad that you found a dominican salon in Richmond that you like. I have moved from NY to the Hampton Road area and am DYING to find a dominican salon (I've been driving to DC about once a month or so and my hair is hating me). I would REALLY appreciate it if you would send me the name of the salon you've been going to in Richmond. Is there a particular stylist you request? Thanks!

teri said:
So glad that you found a dominican salon in Richmond that you like. I have moved from NY to the Hampton Road area and am DYING to find a dominican salon (I've been driving to DC about once a month or so and my hair is hating me). I would REALLY appreciate it if you would send me the name of the salon you've been going to in Richmond. Is there a particular stylist you request? Thanks!

i go to a shop called Mayra 2000 on Hull Street in Southside. The number there is 804-674-8280. Mayra, of course, is very good. I've had good experiences with all of the stylists so far. If you're looking for a complicated style, then I would pass on this shop. But, if you're looking for a great blowout and wrap for twenty bucks, they can't be beat. also, there is bss down the street that carries salerm, surge, etc...

swirl fka aregee

Thanks so much. I am literally euphoric right now! I can't wait to go - I'm going to check it out this Friday.

Back